Galaxy S8 can not send/receive MMS or use mobile data

Enthusiast

Galaxy S8 can not send/receive MMS or use mobile data

For nearly a week I have not been able to use my mobile data or send/receive MMS. I have tried resetting the phone, clearing caches, using the ##72786# reset, and resetting the network. Nothing is working and I am missing important messages from my employees and vendors. My account is completely up to date so there should be no reason I cannot use my mobile data. Ever since the merger I have had issues with my phone and service.

109 REPLIES 109
Enthusiast

****** Since when?!? Never had any problems till a couple months ago
Accomplice

It has for years, that's not true. This is a recent issue.
Accomplice

That does not work and a insufficient solution. Please do your due diligence to either correct this issue or let us know why this is happening.
Accomplice

Thank you for bringing this issue to the forefront. It has been such a PAIN and Boost won't take ownership. I've had them for YEARS and never had this issue until now. It's the most frustrating thing. Nothing fixes it. Switching to another service is an awesome idea and I will plan to do the same!! Thank you 🙂
Agent

Hello, @jeanineb20. We're sorry to know that you're also experiencing this issue. Please send us a Private Message so we can take a look. 

To send a Private Message you can go to your profile and click on the icon with an envelope. Then you enter the username of the person you want to send a message to and the subject. Or you can go to the user profile by clicking on the username and click on "Send this user a Private Message".

~Nosh_CxUx
Accomplice

I have called several times, even spoke to a supervisor in your office who couldn't help at all. Not sure if sending a private message will help any further. I've tried everything possible and Boost kept placing the blame on Samsung. My phone is new and I hadn't problems with it all year until August. I think it has something to do with TMobile integrating with Boost. It has been such a PAIN and Boost won't take ownership. I've had your service for YEARS and never had this issue until now. It's the most frustrating thing. Nothing fixes it and no one will seem to tell me why this is happening. 

Agent

Hi there jeanineb20. We definitely want to look into this. Please send us a private message with your phone number, pin code, and street address and we will verify. victor21

Accomplice

Ok, I will.

Accomplice

You're absolutely correct when you say this has never been the case. I have had Boost and this Samsung Galaxy 8 for years, and just last month is when this began. I have a feeling it's because they want to run up everyone's data usage by getting them to switch off wifi to send/receive messages. This is a BOOST ISSUE, not a Samsung issue, and they are spinning the narrative to make it look like MMS issues were always there. Time to get a better carrier, even though I've been happy with them for years before this. Sucks for me and sucks for them since they won't be making any more $ off me. I posted a big rant about how I've called 5 times this month and received a different answer for the problem every time - tower issues, Samsung problem, update problem, tower again, etc. They have no idea what to say because they aren't interested in fixing it, just lip service until you decide to hang up. This DISH merger is probably the end for Boost - it's certainly looking like the end for me, too.

Accomplice

Yes, I couldn't agree with you more! It's sad I just private messaged them and they had me do the same things I've been doing several times ##72786#. They said they don't have a solution right now. It's unfortunate to continue to lose valuable loyal customers over this, it's severe enough to make people walk away and I don't think they understand the repercussions. I too will be joining in on switching carriers, this is a major inconvenience that should have been fixed by now.