Galaxy S8 - Can't send MMS messages with Wi-Fi turned on, unless I force the phone to CDMA/3G only.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Galaxy S8 - Can't send MMS messages with Wi-Fi turned on, unless I force the phone to CDMA/3G only.

Hello!  I have researched this on the Boost website, and the internet in general, and now on this Boost Community.  Numerous times I have reset the network settings on the phone, done the SCRTN reset, updated Profile and PRL, and other things.  But still I have this problem.

I can no longer send or receive MMS messages (so texts including pictures, or texts to/from multiple other contacts) if my Wi-Fi is turned on. 

* For messages I try to send, I see the spinning circle that they are trying to send, but they eventually fail and won't send unless I turn off my Wi-Fi and try again.  Then it happens, although often slowly.

* For messages I receive, I get a text placeholder that tells me I have a message to download.  I have to turn off my Wi-Fi, click on the message, and wait for it to show on my phone.

Through trial and error I have discovered that if I set my phone to "CDMA" (3G) as opposed to CDMA/LTE, then it seems work  even if Wi-Fi is on, but is of course slow when using network data.

I have seen on other posts that the Android 9 update caused LTE issues on Samsung Galaxy phones and wonder if this is a related issue.

Is there a fix, so that I don't have to choose between constantly toggling Wi-Fi on and off OR restricting my phone to 3G data speeds?

Thanks,

JC

53 REPLIES 53
Highlighted

Hi, jchammerpants! It isn't related. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

OK - if not related, then do you have any info to share?

I just made a reply to this post I saw after I posted.  It seems to be the exact same issue as I am reporting....

https://community.boostmobile.com/t5/Samsung-Phones-Devices/Can-t-send-receive-MMS-over-WiFi-Galaxy-...

Highlighted

Our network does not allow multimedia messages to go through while connected to a WiFi network.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Thanks for the response. But respectfully that does not make sense to me. I've had this phone for several years and it always worked until recently. And then I see someone else posting with the exact same issue.

If what you're saying is true when did this change? And how is that considered acceptable because this is not an advanced feature it's a very basic feature.

Thanks,
JC

Highlighted

We understand your concern, jchammerpants, and we apologize.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I've been a happy Boost customer until this point and even recommended friends to use Boost. But if this is not resolved I will be switching carriers and warning others away.
Highlighted
Groupie

Just recently I have been having issues also sending MMS with text. First my all my text were blocked, called Boost and they couldn't figure it out. I googled it and found out it was in my call settings, but I had to unclick box to fix it through my boost account. How did boost cause this? And I have been having internet trouble and now cant send MMS. This has all happening within the last week, anyone else having these issues or know how to fix this.  I have had Boost a long time and this is the first problem, but if these issues dont get fixed, i will have to change companies.

Thank-you

Highlighted
Groupie

I have the same phone and just recently cant send MMS with text. First my all my text were blocked, called Boost and they couldn't figure it out. I googled it and found out it was in my call settings, but I had to unclick box to fix it through my boost account. How did boost cause this? And I have been having internet trouble and now cant send MMS. This has all happening within the last week, anyone else having these issues or know how to fix this.  I have had Boost a long time and this is the first problem, but if these issues dont get fixed, i will have to change companies.

SOMETHING CHANGED WITH THE BOOST SYSTEM, TOO MANY THINGS RECENTLY ARE HAPPENING

DF

Highlighted
Accomplice

Sorry you're having troubles too. Read the other recent threads on this board there's a lot of it right now. It seems to have been created by the Android update on August 5th. there's a workaround to dial ##SCRTN# and reset the network settings on the phone. But for a lot of us that works for maybe an hour and then we have to do it again and again and again.

I am starting to shop for a different phone and carrier. This has been going on for a month and there is no end in sight. Makes me wonder if the new T-Mobile ownership is deciding to get rid of Boost altogether...