Galaxy S8. Black screen

Highlighted
Accomplice

Galaxy S8. Black screen

Why does my s8 constantly have a black screen pop up and I have to go to the back button to get back to the article I am reading... Happens on everything from Fb and YouTube to news sites... Very irritating
12 REPLIES 12
Agent

Re: Galaxy S8. Black screen

Oh no! Sorry to hear that, Greybeard. Definitely wanna look into that for you. Did that start happening recently or after downloading a certain app? 

Accomplice

It started happening several months ago. I thought it was a result of the new software update... But I now have been upgraded to Pie and it's still doing the same thing... I had not installed any new apps when it originally started
Agent

I see. Does this happen on local apps such as contacts, texts, while checking your gallery, etc..?

Accomplice

Occasionally on text, usually on apps that use video.. Makes no difference if it is cbs news or Facebook... Sometimes I can be reading an article with no video and it does the same thing.... When it first started I rebooted every time, not realizing it was just a new screen and simply hitting the back button would clear it... Since they fixed the loss of lte signal after the upgrade to Pie, this is my only complaint with my phone
Agent

Understood. This must be a frustrating situation. Have you ever attempted to reset the phone to factory default settings to see if it makes a difference? In case the problem persists, we may refer you to the warranty as it seems to be a device related issue. 

Accomplice

I have not tried to set it to factory because I have apps that I use daily... The thought of going thru warranty is probably mute because I've had it well over a year
Agent

Oh, I see. In this case, we recommend you to back up your important files (photos, videos, etc.), and also we believe that your apps can be reinstalled. Please be advised that this does not mean the issue will be solved, but it is part of the troubleshooting steps to find a solution for the issue.

Accomplice

And will that put me back to the original os? Then I have to go thru all the upgrades
Agent

Unfortunately if it is a software update, it won't reverse it to the previous version.