Galaxy S7 used phone purchased on Boostmobile.com cannot be activated due to a hold on another user!

Accomplice

Galaxy S7 used phone purchased on Boostmobile.com cannot be activated due to a hold on another user!

Hi, I've spent weeks trying to activate a Galaxy S7 phone I purchased on boostmobile.com for the $99 special. I tried activating online and it failed. I tried the telephone and it failed. Tried your foreign-based tech support numerous times and it failed. Tech was to send me shipping labels - never received. Tried Twitter - tech at first gave me the 7 day BS, but the initial support inquiry was within that window. Subsequent attempts were beyond that window. Had a tech transfer me to insurance. All to no avail. To get this resolved, I went into a Boost Mobile location in Palmdale, CA (47th Street). Maria, the store agent, tried. SHE had problems getting through and was transferred to several different folks. She tried the warranty claim. Apparently its linked to insurance. That tech stated the PHONE MUST BE ACTIVATED for  it to be processed. The problem is the PHONE CANNOT BE ACTIVATED due to a hold. After 2 1/2 hours of her tireless attempts, she was able to reach someone who actually effectively tried to help beyond the apologies. He told me to sent the phone to Ingram. I asked for an RMA number. He placed me on hold and did something. Every few minutes he would assure me he is still there, both on his own and to my inquiries as too much time would pass in silence. He ultimately said to use my order number, credited my fiance a whopping $12 for shipping (It's costing me $16 to send it via FedEx, which is how I received it was via FedEx). I got the runaround about the 7 day return policy (but since the FIRST support request was before that window expired, I have a right to request a refund if I cannot get this resolved). How can I get an actual RMA???

15 REPLIES 15
Agent

Re: Galaxy S7 used phone purchased on Boostmobile.com cannot be activated due to a hold on another u

Hello, ADVANCEDLOGIC. Thanks for reaching out to us. Can you please send us a private message with the Order Confirmation number for the purchase?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Highlighted
Agent

Re: Galaxy S7 used phone purchased on Boostmobile.com cannot be activated due to a hold on anothe...

Hi, ADVANCEDLOGIC! We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We have fixed your phone's serial number, we'll be able to activate it. Please let us know if you need further assistance with the activation. We're here to help! 

Accomplice

Re: Galaxy S7 used phone purchased on Boostmobile.com cannot be activated due to a hold on anothe...

I will try it when she returns home this evening. Considering the time, expenses (was told to ship the phone to Ingram. I paid for shipping the phone back based on Boost Technichian recommendation and now Im out that cost too???), aggravation. Please credit Catherine Strong's account for 3 months time, as that is a minimally reasonable amount for this inconvenience.
Agent

@ADVANCEDLOGIC: Please keep us updated with the results. 

Accomplice

Will do. And what will be done regarding the 3 months credit?
Agent

We can't apply any additional credits to the account. If you require any further information, feel free to contact us.

Accomplice

So which of you will be reimbursing my card for the sipping fee I paid at your tech's advice (which was recorded in the store)?
Accomplice

I havent bern clear enough. This is Boosts fault and failure. I WILL NOT absorb the costs for YOUR FAULT AND FAILURE to provide a working devixe or suitible replacement AS MANDATED BY LAW in a reasonable amount of tine with minimal consumer impact. Reconsider or please escalate to someone with authority to reconsider
Agent

A credit was applied to the account to cover the shipping fee. We can't apply any additional credits to the account. If you want the details of the credits (dates and amounts), please send us a private message. We can't share account information in public.