Galaxy S7 Oreo Update Out on Other Carriers, When Will Boost Get It?

Go to solution
Highlighted

Galaxy S7 Oreo Update Out on Other Carriers, When Will Boost Get It?

Now that the Oreo update has been released by Verizon, Sprint & AT&T in the US, when can we expect to see Boost release their update?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Galaxy S7 Oreo Update Out on Other Carriers, When Will Boost Get It?

Just finished downloading Android 8 for Boost Galaxy S7. Installing it now.

Get there early before the server gets jammed....

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Correction: It seems it hasn't been released by Sprint Just Verizon and AT&T. Will the Boost update be released along side the Sprint update? Is there any ETA or reason behind the delay?
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @SayNopeToScope! Thank you for stopping by. No word on that just yet, but please keep checking back for updates. 

Highlighted

You said the same thing 2 months ago:

https://community.boostmobile.com/t5/Samsung-Phones-Devices/Galaxy-S7-Oreo-update/td-p/52612

EdwinRG
Agent EdwinRG AGENT
‎04-18-2018 07:12 AM
Re: Galaxy S7 Oreo update??
Hi digermania!

Samsung had revealed that an Android Oreo OTA update was in the testing phase with a tentative launch expected on April 13. As always, the roll-out will be incremental in nature and not all users will get it in one go. The update will be released in a phased manner and Boost will definitely be among the carriers to get Android Oreo on the Galaxy S7 series. Please stay tuned!

EdwinRG

Highlighted
Agent

Hi there JulioS7.  Thanks for inquiring about your Android software update. Any software update will be push by Google and it will be sent over the air or by notification on your device. Not all devices will receive the update at the same time. Please keep checking periodically on your device to manually look for any update if available. If you have any other question, please let us know. Victor21

Highlighted

Actually Victor, that is not accurate. Google's job with this update has long since finished. Google released Android Oreo on August 21, 2017 of last year. It is true that at this point the update is released for a small handful of phones manufactured by Google (Pixel, Nexus). For other manufactures (Samsung in this case) the update is then taken by Samsung to adapt to their devices and to add additional software (The Samsung UI is added, as well as additional Samsung Apps). Samsung released this for the S7 around a month ago in May of 2018. Then the update is passed along to the specific carriers so they can also add additional software and other touches. For example Boost typically adds a number of Boost apps, a few other apps that they're paid to include and the "splash screen" during startup with their companies logo. As I mentioned above other carriers have already started releasing their updates (AT&T released on June 9th, Verizon on June 12th). In short, Google released the update almost a year ago. Samsung has released their updated update a month ago. Right now we are waiting on Boost to push the update out. It's why I asked in my original post when we can expect Boost to catch up with other carriers. I suppose at this point it's clear you don't have any more information than we do.
Highlighted
Accomplice

I asked boost about this in the app chat and they had told me anywhere from June to August.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Hey, give them a break. It takes time to insert all the paid bloatware nobody wants.

Highlighted

Just finished downloading Android 8 for Boost Galaxy S7. Installing it now.

Get there early before the server gets jammed....

View solution in original post