Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

Highlighted
Accomplice

Galaxy S20 Ultra 5G

Hello Boostmobile,

Will you be supporting the new galaxy s20 ultra 5g phone? If so, how soon?

Thanks

86 REPLIES 86
Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes, they changed my plan to a plan that is compatible.... my account was eligible for this plan, I was told because I have been with boost since forever...
Highlighted
Accomplice

Do you have 5G?
Highlighted
Accomplice

S20 Ultra 5G
Highlighted
Accomplice

I mean do you have 5G in your area, does your phone say 5G on the top instead of LTE?
Highlighted
Accomplice

LTE...
Highlighted
Accomplice

@Victor21 @AmyM25 @Kira_M  so 5G won't work on boost?? 

Highlighted
Accomplice

It will work, you just have to be in an area where Sprint has 5G to have access to it. I don't know if the person that has the s20 ultra has 5G in their area. I also don't know if unlocked models show it right away if you're in an area where 5G is. I'd guess if you're in area where Boost has 5G, and it's not showing on unlocked model, the best thing would be to flash Sprint firmware. I remember when I had the S10 plus on the unlocked firmware my phone was fast, but was missing out on some CA profiles, and flashing the carrier firmware, I was able to enable 3 more CA profiles and my speeds were faster. However, later on when the Android 10 update released on the unlocked s10 plus, I was able to enable them since more CA profiles were integrated.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Not sure if there's 5G in my area.... I will see when I go to work tomorrow, there is LTE+ my phone connects to, I take it there will be 5G in that area as well....... 24 hours with phone activated. No issues.... If I don't have 5G, wont be an issue, I have great speed already... I did notice, there are plans that list 5G as part of the plan....
Highlighted
Accomplice

Alright
Highlighted
Accomplice

Seems like since the customers that have been able to active these devices by themselves or with the help of a representative are reporting issues now. I myself can't activate my s20 plus unlocked on Boost.