Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Galaxy Note 8 no network

Highlighted
Groupie

Galaxy Note 8 no network

Got my dad's old Galaxy Note 8 for Christmas. I attempted a swap online and it went through. I have no network on that phone though. I figured to avoid the hassle, I would go to a Boost store and pay to have it swapped. They couldn't get the phone to access the network either. The IMEI is eligible and goes through in the system. The SIM card is brand new for the Note 8. I have been trying to get this activated for about two weeks now. Please tell me there is a solution

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Galaxy Note 8 no network

Hi, GrandPhoenix. Thanks for contacting us. We want to help. Please keep in mind that even if the device is unlocked we are not able to provide service to it. Please send us a private message along with your phone number, the PIN and a brief description of your request. To send a private message, please click on any of the social care agent's user names and select the option, send this user a private message.

Highlighted
Groupie

@RoytPlease keep in mind your own Boost Mobile system explicitly states the IMEI is elligible. Your Boost Store explicitly claimed it was elligible. Please keep in mind your Boost store representative was also able to make the swap. Please also keep in mind that when your Boost Store representative called the employee help line, the help line also was able to make the swap. I previously stated that in my original post. If anything, the help line representative informed us that there is an ongoing problem with Note 8 activations at that specific time and Boost is working to resolve the issue. I just want this phone up and running. I'm not asking for any sort of entitlement. Just when your own network and multiple employees confirm that it is an eligible device and the swap can be completed on the system, the company should provide service without this much of a hassle. If Boost is unable to provide service to this phone, the IMEI should mark not ellible and the employees should not be able to make the swap. I just want the phone activated.

Highlighted
Agent

GrandPhoenix, We are waiting for your private message so we can verify what's happening and assist you better. 

Highlighted
Groupie

sent shortly after my public response
Highlighted
Agent

Thanks. We received the private message. We'll continue to assist you in private.