Galaxy J3 Achieve SIM card issue

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Galaxy J3 Achieve SIM card issue

Hello,

I purchased a Samsung Galaxy J3 Archive on March 20, 2020. All was working fine until a week ago, when on September 1, 2020 it stopped recognizing the SIM card. I called customer service to trouble shoot and after trying a few things they said I would need to replace the SIM card. I went to the nearest BoostMobile store to see if I could pick up a new SIM card and they said my phone used a very old model that they didn't carry anymore and would have to call BoostMobile back to have them mail one to me. The lady at the store even wrote down the model number of the SIM I needed: C0214TLWQ. Meanwhile, I also called and checked with several other BoostMobile retailers and all told me the same thing. That was a very old SIM model and no one had it in stock. I came home and called Boost again, and this time customer service told me they would order a new SIM card for me and have it shipped within 3-5 days. I even offered to give them the model number of the SIM I was provided and they said that wouldn't be necessary. They assured me the SIM card they were mailing me would work. Today, 9/8/2020, I received the new SIM, installed it in the phone and called to Activate. The gentleman helping me said he was unable to activate because the SIM card they sent me was not compatible with my device, so he tranferred me to Samsung technical support. Samsung looked up the IMEI of the phone and asked when I had purchased it. I told them it had been less than 6 months. They said, we're very sorry but this phone has been out of warranty and unsupported as of December 2019! Boost sold me a brand new phone that was already out of warranty! Samsung said the problem was not the phone, but the SIM card and re-directed me back to Boost. I am beyond frustrated because Boost is refusing to send me a SIM card that works with an out of warranty phone they sent me. I'm paying for a service that I can't use. What should I do? Either provide me with a SIM card that works or send me a new phone!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Thank you. We just completed the SIM card swap on your account. Please insert the new SIM card on the phone, turn it on, wait 2 minutes and test the service.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Hello, @akaputyan. Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry for the inconvenience. Please send us a private message to further assist you. We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Groupie

Hi @Kira_M , let me know where I can private message you. Thanks!

Highlighted

Thank you. We just completed the SIM card swap on your account. Please insert the new SIM card on the phone, turn it on, wait 2 minutes and test the service.

View solution in original post