Galaxy A6 - constantly roaming after pie update

Go to solution
Highlighted
Groupie

Galaxy A6 - constantly roaming after pie update

Hello,

I have a Samsung Galaxy A6 phone that was working fine without issues, but for over a month now it will randomly switch into roaming mode.  This started right after I accepted the OTA upgrade to Pie on the device.  When in roaming mode I have no data connectivity (and the option to enable it is greyed out), so as you might imagine this is annoying.  🙂  This roaming happens anywhere, at any time, in areas I have never had signal strength issues before, including my own home.  A restart sometimes fixes it but only for a little bit.  I have seen indications in various forums on the internet of a possible "known issue", but never any solid fixes.  Please help.  Thanks much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Galaxy A6 - constantly roaming after pie update

Hello, mandoris. We're sorry about the trouble. This is a known issue Samsung is experiencing with the new update to the Android 9 Pie. They are currently working on a fix for the recent update. We recommend you check System Updates to make sure that you receive it. Alternatively, we suggest you contact Samsung for further assistance.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out. We'd be happy to help you. Have you tried resetting the network settings? If not, please dial ##72786# and let the phone complete the updates. 

Groupie

I tried the network update with ##72786#, it fixed it for roughly 24 hours and then the problem occurred again this afternoon.  Its been about 8 hours on roaming, it never fixed, so I rebooted and upon reboot received a text that was sent to me 3 hours ago (confirmed with sender).  However after reboot I am still roaming, and I am sitting in my home.  My daughter's iphone is also on Boost, and she has no signal issues in our home or overall region, so I don't believe its a local signal issue, it seems to be a software issue on my phone. 

Agent

Hello, mandoris. We're sorry about the trouble. This is a known issue Samsung is experiencing with the new update to the Android 9 Pie. They are currently working on a fix for the recent update. We recommend you check System Updates to make sure that you receive it. Alternatively, we suggest you contact Samsung for further assistance.

View solution in original post

Groupie

Ok, thanks for the confirmation.  If I were to reach out to Samsung, is there some sort of bugid or issue number I could reference so they knew what I was talking about?  Thanks much!

Agent

Unfortunately, we don' have that information available for us.