Galaxy A21 no AR Zone in camera

Accomplice

Galaxy A21 no AR Zone in camera

I have a new Samsung Galaxy A21, and was originally pretty excited about the A21's AR emoji capabilities. However, there's no AR Zone option in my system camera?! Through speaking with Samsung support, I learned that while the A21 does usually support AR emoji, it may be unavailable to me because my service is through Boost.
Is this true? If so, why? I'm not outraged or anything, but I did pay a pretty penny upgrading to this phone in a physical store, and I'm slightly upset that some features may have been falsely promised to me.
9 REPLIES 9
Agent

Sorry to hear that. Is your device software up to date? 

Accomplice

It is, and I've tried resetting the camera multiple times. Upon initial setup, it does prompt me to look for "AR Emoji" under the "More" tab, but when I check said tab, there's no selection for any sort of AR function; just macro, food, pro, panorama, and stickers.
Agent

Have you tried doing a  device factory reset? 

Accomplice

I have, nothing changed.

Hi, ruckusface! This option exists in the folder with all of Samsung's pre-loaded apps. Did you checked there?

Accomplice

A folder with pre-loaded apps was on my phone when I restarted it, but an AR Camera wasn't one of them. Oddly enough, the only thing anywhere in my phone labeled anything close to "AR emoji camera" folder that's in my internal storage's DCIM folder. I'm really confused about this. It is supposed to be an available mode on every A21, right?

Hi, ruckusface! Please try these steps:

Tap Camera

Tap More.

Tap the AR Zone option at the top of the screen.

Tap AR Emoji Camera.

Tap ALLOW on the pop-up to grant access and launch the emoji-creator.

Accomplice

THERE IS NO AR ZONE OPTION LITERALLY ANYWHERE IN MY CAMERA'S MENUS. HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO REPEAT MYSELF.

If it's not there, we recommend you to contact Samsung directly at 1-888-987-4357 for further assistance on this matter.