Data Connestion issues Samsung S8

Highlighted
Groupie

Data Connestion issues Samsung S8

I can not connect to the internet without wi-fi.  The phone appears to have data connection.  I was able to make a phone call but a text did not get sent.  I tried turning the mobile data on the phone off and back on.  Both with the Wi-Fi off and on.  I also tried turning the phone off and resetting it.  I have a Samsung S8. 

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Groupie

I should note I just got the phone 2 days ago,  

Highlighted
Groupie

Also I am showing only two bars 

Highlighted

Don’t you fret, svilardo! We’ve got you covered. Can you please send me a private message with your current address, phone number and PIN?

To send a private message just click on the picture of any Boost Mobile agent and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message". 

Highlighted
Enthusiast

I have this same problem, and I'm in an area where i previously had LTE, but suddenly it stopped working and doesnt show the 3g or 4g LTE letters but only bars and I have calls but nothing else. Wifi works fine, please help me thank you
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Calls are the only thing that works without wifi rather
Highlighted
Accomplice

I've the same issue with s8. Was dream phone until the update tip android pie
I'm a computer network degreed professional. I've reset. Refresh, factory reset phone, checked every single setting, and done all things both Samsung and boost said. And I've an expensive phone that often leaves me on roaming. No data. And wifi connect issues.

Highlighted
Agent

Hello, 2pupcrew! Really sorry to hear about this experience. Please send us a private message with your phone number and PIN so we can take a closer look.

Highlighted
Accomplice

And i have checked many tech articles and sites. This is a big issue with the update to android pie

And the places I've had issues with data, even 2g, and phone goes on roaming and no option to allow data and MMS on roaming
Highlighted
Agent

We apologize for any inconvenience. This is a known issue Samsung is experiencing with the new update to the Android 9 Pie. They are currently working on a fix for the recent update. We recommend you check System Updates to make sure that you receive it. Alternatively, we suggest you contact Samsung for further assistance.