Solved! Go to Solution.
Should have added you can use a usb cable or WiFi direct. If you load the app on both phones they will find each other automaticly.
From there you can pick what you want to transfer.
Hello Eva, lets get you sorted out. Please steps below:
Power on Samsung phone.
2. Open the Apps drawer.
3. From the displayed icons, tap "Contacts".
4. From the Contacts window, tap the More option (option with the three vertical dots) from the top-right corner.
5. From the displayed menu, tap "Settings".
6. Tap the "Contacts" option from the "Settings" window.
. From the next interface, tap the "Import/Export "contacts option.
8. Once the "Import/Export" contacts box pops up, tap the" Export to device storage" option.
9. On the "Confirm export" box, note down or memorize the destination location where the vCard file would be stored after being generated and tap "OK".
11. Once done, go to the file’s save location and transfer the .vcf file to the target Samsung device using any of your preferred transfer methods (e.g. via Bluetooth, NFC (not available in all Samsung phones), or using a PC as a central device).
12. After the .vcf file has been transferred to the target Samsung phone, on the target phone itself, follow the above steps from 1 to 8 while choosing the "Import from device storage" option when on step 8.
13. On the "Save contact to" box, tap "Device".
14. On the displayed "Select vCard file" box, make sure that the "Import vCard file" radio button is selected and tap "OK".
15. From the next box, tap to select the radio button representing the vCard file that you just transferred to this new smartphone.
16. Tap "OK" to start importing the contacts.
What an interesting way to do something when Samsung went to all the trouble and invested all that time and money to make an app for the express purpose of making it easy to move all your stuff to a new phone......
Hey there, @Eva5 Yes. You can also Export pictures from your old phone to the new one. Just select "Pictures" or "Images" instead of "Contacts".