Can I purchase an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and use it on my boost mobile account?

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Can I purchase an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and use it on my boost mobile account?

I see that boost mobile sells brand new galaxy S8 & S9 phones. They also sell refurbished galaxy S8+ phones. What I would like to know is it possible to purchase a brand new and unlocked galaxy Note 8 and or S9+ phone to use on the boost mobile network? And if not, why? Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I purchase an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and use it on my boost mobile account?

Sorry for the confusion, Squeezoweezo. The term open market is just to say unlocked. At this time the list of unlocked devices we are able to activate is listed here

12 REPLIES 12
Agent

Re: Can I purchase an unlocked Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and use it on my boost mobile account?

Hi there! You can activate them with us if they are open market, not wireless carrier specific. If you have any questions, feel free to reply. 

Groupie

Hey! What do you mean by open market?
Groupie

Hey. What do you mean open market?

Sorry for the confusion, Squeezoweezo. The term open market is just to say unlocked. At this time the list of unlocked devices we are able to activate is listed here

Accomplice

Hey, Does anyone have the model # Needed to bring to boost? 

Is it like Sm-xxxx?

Hey there, Jwoods4290! is the device coming from Sprint?

Accomplice

No, I'm thinking about purchasing a Unlocked samsung galaxy note 8 from ebay, but there is some confusion on which model number I need to use on boost. 

Oh, I see! The Sprint version works for us. You can verify this information here

Accomplice

Do you know the model number needed?