Can I activate the Galaxy Note 10 on Boost Mobile

Highlighted
Accomplice

Can I activate the Galaxy Note 10 on Boost Mobile

Does anyone know if the Note 10 or Note 10+ work on Boost Mobile.
48 REPLIES 48
Highlighted
Accomplice

My assumption is that he attempted to activate it on Sprint and got as far as getting the phone's IMEI number placed into their system, but ultimately decided to cancel the activation. This partial action is what probably lead to the phone being able to be activated on Boost. 🤷🏽‍♂️
Highlighted
Accomplice

@envy5000 wrote:

@ItNotLetMeLogIn Did you port your phone number to Sprint and then back to Boost Mobile.

Can you explain better what you mean by it started activating on Spring and then you just activated on Boost Mobile? Did you swap phones? Did you get a new phone number? Did you activate it via the Boost website?

I have a Sprint account (Unlimited Kickstart) and a Boost Mobile account (Unlimited Gigs). I just swapped phones around between both accounts.  I didn't port any numbers, I didn't change any numbers, I didn't get a new number.  The reason why I chose to activate it first on Sprint was because I wanted to see if the unlocked Note 10+ gets VoLTE, which it does.  I had spent the entire night with my unlocked Note 10+ on Sprint, and then I decided that I wanted to try it on my Boost Mobile account.

This is how I activated my unlocked Note 10+ on Boost Mobile.  For me, this involves juggling around three IMEIs of three unlocked phones.  First, I reactivated my unlocked Note 9 on Sprint to free up the IMEI of my unlocked Note 10+. Then, I signed into my Boost Mobile account, I clicked on "Swap Device", then I entered the IMEI of my unlocked Note 10+, I clicked "NEXT", and wouldn't you know it all 20 numbers on the SIM card in my unlocked Note 10+ were automatically there in the ICCID field - I didn't enter those numbers.  And, last, I clicked "next", and then my unlocked Note 10+ activated in a matter of seconds.    

Highlighted
Accomplice

It looks like we pretty much did the same thing my friend! So are you going to stick with Boost or go with Sprint? I'm going to go with Sprint and port my number over from Boost because that Voice over LTE is a MUST! I've been wanting to talk and use data for forever! Plus it's hard to forfeit that feature by sticking with Boost especially when the Sprint plan is $25 cheaper!
Highlighted
Accomplice

@riosoul83 wrote:
It looks like we pretty much did the same thing my friend! So are you going to stick with Boost or go with Sprint? I'm going to go with Sprint and port my number over from Boost because that Voice over LTE is a MUST! I've been wanting to talk and use data for forever! Plus it's hard to forfeit that feature by sticking with Boost especially when the Sprint plan is $25 cheaper!

I'm going to switch my Note 10+ back to Sprint due to VoLTE working on my Note 10+ and for Wi-Fi calling and Visual Voicemail, and I'm getting all that for $19.85~$19.91/month with the Unlimited Kickstart plan 1.0.  Although, I'm still going to keep my Boost Mobile account for the 12GB hotspot. That's $25/month.

This whole Sprint, T-Mobile merger thing has me quite worried though. What's going to happen to our great plans if and when T-Mobile takes over?  All those fools that want that merger to go through don't know what they're in for.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Update: I was able to activate my Note 10 with no problem!!! I am using the sim card SIMOLW516TQ.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Nice! You must be grandfathered into last year's Kickstart plan! But how do you only pay $25 a month for your Boost plan? Are you on a family plan or something?

Anyhow, I hear you. I'm not a T-Mobile fan at all. The network is overly saturated with MVNOs which can make for poor quality service, but for better or for worse, it looks like the merger is gonna happen. Sprint's stock price is quite low in comparison to T-Mobile, so they're probably gonna need some financial assistance soon. Hopefully, the network and the plans function thr same or better if or when the merger takes place.
Highlighted
Accomplice

Sweet! I'm happy to hear that it was such an easy process for you! 😁
Highlighted
Accomplice

Were you able to activate your note 10 with boost?
Highlighted
Accomplice

@riosoul83 wrote:
Nice! You must be grandfathered into last year's Kickstart plan! But how do you only pay $25 a month for your Boost plan? Are you on a family plan or something?

Anyhow, I hear you. I'm not a T-Mobile fan at all. The network is overly saturated with MVNOs which can make for poor quality service, but for better or for worse, it looks like the merger is gonna happen. Sprint's stock price is quite low in comparison to T-Mobile, so they're probably gonna need some financial assistance soon. Hopefully, the network and the plans function thr same or better if or when the merger takes place.

@riosoul83 

Yes, I got the Unlimited Kickstart plan 1.0 when it first came out in June 2018.  It's now August 2019, and I am still on the same plan.  

As for Boost Mobile, Boost was running this online only, limited time promotion for Unlimited Gigs $25/month plan back in October 2018.  Of course, you had to bring your own phone (only factory unlocked iPhones, Samsungs, and Motorolas qualified for the promotion), and port in your phone number from another carrier other than Sprint or Sprint's MVNOs.  

Well, let's just hope that T-Mobile lets us keep our Unlimited Kickstart plans.  And, I hate to think what Dish will do to Boost Mobile.  I'd hate to lose my Unlimited Gigs plan.

I periodically visit this MVNO list https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_mobile_virtual_network_operators, and I see what you mean. A whole bunch of T-Mobile MVNOs have popped up since I had last checked it. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Yes, I was able to activate it on boost mobile!