Can I activate the Galaxy Note 10 on Boost Mobile

Accomplice

Re: Can I activate the Galaxy Note 10 on Boost Mobile

@ThatzWhatHapnz

I initially activated my Note 10+ on a brand new Sprint account with a new phone number. This is because Boost refused to activate my phone on my account on the day I received it in thr mail from Samsung. From there, I temporarily released the Note 10+ from my Sprint account and activated it on my Boost Mobile account that I had for nearly 10 years. I only had a single line on that account. I ultimately put my Note 10+ back on my new Sprint account and had my phone number from Boost migrated over to it. This canceled my Boost Mobile account. I'm strictly with Sprint at this point, and my plan is awesome! It's only $25 a month. It's called the Unlimited Kickstart plan. It also allows you to have access to VoLTE which gives you the ability to talk and use data at the same time which is a MUST for me! I've gone years without being able to do this, and Boost doesn't currently offer this feature.

I would like to reply to the rest of your message, but I'm currently at work right now. I'll try to address everything else when I have a chance, but for now, I'll just say that Boost sucks when it comes to assisting with simple matters and could definitely go for more user friendly support. On another note, has your son looked into getting his number back? If he values it, this is something he should be lookin into ASAP without delay! Otherwise, he might lose it forever!
Accomplice

Thanks for your reply. After that whole fiasco with all 3 reps from Boost, and his account being cancelled, he didn't want to lose his number so he went to Walmart right after all this and got a sim card for Verizon for $1 and ported his number from Sprint to Verizon. It worked and he saved his number, but now he's with Verizon, at least for a month, and he's payed $50 for that month. At least he now should be able to go to any carrier he wants. I'm not sure I want to stay with Boost anymore. Sprint has an equivalent plan going right now called a kickstarter plan which is also unlimited everything for $25/mo. I recently learned while traveling that Boost's $25 unlimited plan does NOT include data roaming (not even a pay option), not even on Sprint's system. That was disappointing to learn the hard way. So, outside of any metro area, you have no data. No GPS, no internet to find sights to see, nothing. In fact, they're coverage map shows that you may not even be able to use voice roaming in a lot of places, even near highways!

Highlighted
Accomplice

@ThatsWhatHapnz

I'm glad to hear that your son was able to save his number! Total Wireless which also runs on Verizon's network gives you a lot more bang for your buck than the $50 Verizon Prepaid Plan, so he might wanna consider going with them if he wants to remain on Verizon's network. At least he has the freedom to move around after his first billing cycle and go with another carrier though. That's the beauty of using an unlocked phone! You don't have to be tied to any particular carrier! I'll NEVER buy a carrier locked phone another day in my life! My last two phones have been unlocked! (Note 8 & Note 10+)

Anyhow, the things you mentioned about your plan really sucks! You might wanna consider going with the $25 Unlimited Kickstart plan with Sprint. Do keep in mind that with taxes and fees, your bill would jump to about $40-$45 though, so you'd have to chose between paying less with inferior service or paying about $15-$20 more for much better quality service. My bill was $50 with Boost, so paying $40-$45 on the Unlimited Kickstart plan is perfect for me! I absolutely LOVE being able to talk and use data at the same time! VoLTE is amazing!

Accomplice

@riosoul83

The facts are what they are.  We have unlocked Note 10/10+ and they weren't being activated, what else were we to do?  

We need to save our Unlimited Kickstart plan, and I need to save my Boost Mobile Unlimited Gigs plan.  Who knows what Dish will end up doing to Boost Mobile.  

Accomplice

@ThatsWhatHapnz 

For me, I just swapped devices on my line. I swapped my S7 out for my Note 10+. I didn't add a line, nor did I port any phone numbers. 

I found Boost Mobile's $25/month Unlimited Gigs promo from October 2018. https://web.archive.org/web/20181117152705/https://www.boostmobile.com/plans/bring-your-phone-25mont... and this link https://bestmvno.com/boost-mobile/boost-mobile-byop-customers-get-unlimited-lte-data-for-25-month/ 

I'm glad your son ported his phone number to Verizon so that he didn't lose his number.  That was still horrible advice what that rep gave you about cancelling the Sprint account first and then migrating your number to Boost. Yikes!   

Accomplice

@riosoul83 

You're paying $40-$45 for Unlimited Kickstart? I'm only paying between $19.85-$19.91. Sprint must have added on a protection service plan on your Note 10+.  According to my calculations, the $25 Unlimited Kickstart with $5 auto-pay discount and taxes and fees, it should be around $24~$28. Sprint could also be adding on $7.99 for their Account Spending limit program which can all be removed.

I agree, unlocked phones are the way to go. I could never go back to carrier phones after having experienced the sweet freedom that unlocked phones have given me.     

Accomplice

Hello everyone,
Can I get some advice, should I move my service to Sprint for the $25 kickstart? I had the $25 kickstart for boost mobile in the beginning but somehow I removed it. I'm currently paying $35 every month and I'm getting my note 10 plus in a few days and I was wondering if I should switch to sprint and get the $25 kickstarter or should I just say with boost mobile. What do ya think?
Accomplice

I think it's worth it at least at this point with the merger not effecting anything yet.  You get the same cellular signal but with all the things you missed on Boost like Wi-Fi calling and VoLTE calling which hasn't worked on Boost I think since the S3.

Before I figured out how to get my phone working on Boost/Sprint I went to Verizon for 2 days and thanks to taking my number with me and then changing it to Sprint I got $100 for the change and having a credit union I was using for my auto-pay.

Enthusiast

It should be because I want the note ten plus I have been a long time customer