Can I activate the Galaxy Note 10 on Boost Mobile

Accomplice

Re: Can I activate the Galaxy Note 10 on Boost Mobile

Did you buy a Note 10? And also were you able to activate yours?
Accomplice

I did everything I could possibly do online and over the phone to get my unlocked Note 10+ activated on Boost and Sprint last night and this morning and had 0 success! I even requested for a couple of Boost reps to resku my phone for me. They were really nice and did everything they could to help but weren't able to get the phone activated.

I do have GREAT NEWS however! I visited a Best Buy about an hour ago and got a mobile associate to activate the phone on the $25 Sprint Unlimited Kickstart plan for me! The whole process only took about 15 minutes tops! The associate provided me with sim card SIMGLW416TQ which is the one that was needed to activate my phone. I'm now good to go and have a much cheaper plan as well! 😁
Accomplice

On another note, Boost Mobile now recognizes the phone since it's activated on Sprint. When I go to the activation page on Boost's website and enter the IMEI number, I get a message that says "Device does not appear to be eligible for activation" and a box to enter the ICCID number from a Boost/Sprint sim card appears rather than a weird error message that I encountered prior to activating the device on Sprint. The reason why it generates this message is because it's currently attached to a Sprint account. If I released it from my Sprint account, I'm sure I'd be able to activate it on Boost Mobile without an issue. With that being said, anyone who has trouble activating his unlocked Note/Note 10+ on Boost might want to see about swapping it on a friend or family member's Sprint account and then removing it, and perhaps you'll be able to activate it on Boost then. Of course you'll need the appropriate Sprint or Boost Mobile SIM card to be activated along with it. The one that works for me on Sprint is SIMGLW416TQ. I hope this helps and that everyone's able to get his unlocked Note/Note 10+ activated with as little headache as possible! Dealing with all the foolishness I encountered had my head ringing for sure!
Enthusiast

Yeah I mean Im considering switching to Spring Kickstarter, I just had a really bad history with spring charging crazy numbers. I like that boost is the exact same amount and no restrictions. It really is anti-customer to not let us bring a device we paid full price direct from the manufacturer.

Accomplice

I forgot to mention that my unlocked Note 10+ allows me to make Voice over LTE phone calls on the Sprint Unlimited Kickstart plan! I can finally make phone calls and use data at the same time! This is something I've been unable to do for the past couple of years using an Unlocked Note 8 on Boost Mobile!
Highlighted
Accomplice

I've just activated my unlocked by Samsung Note 10+ with Boost Mobile. I've had no problems. 

The SIM card I'm using is SIMOLW516TQ.

Accomplice

What 😯?! Boost made me go through Hell trying to activate my phone! I'm glad to hear it was so easy for you!
Accomplice

@riosoul83  It probably had something to do with my initially trying to activate my Note 10+ with Sprint yesterday morning.  As soon as my Note 10+ arrived, I immediately tried activating it with Sprint with no success. I went to a Sprint store and even the Sprint store rep couldn't activate it.  Eventually, he called corporate Sprint and he gave them the IMEI. An hour later, my Note 10+ started activating with Sprint.  I then decided an hour ago (today) to activate my Note 10+ on Boost Mobile, and it just activated instantly.    

Accomplice

Interesting...It looks like going through Sprint is a vital part of activating an unlocked Note 10/Note 10+ on Boost Mobile or any MVNO that runs on Sprint's network.
Enthusiast

@ItNotLetMeLogIn Did you port your phone number to Sprint and then back to Boost Mobile.

Can you explain better what you mean by it started activating on Spring and then you just activated on Boost Mobile? Did you swap phones? Did you get a new phone number? Did you activate it via the Boost website?