Bought a Pixel XL because the boost website said it was compatible then the boost store said it wasn

Accomplice

Re: Boost can change APN settings & Pixel 3 will work on Boost Network?

I found this info related to when I bought my S8+ from Best But back on April 9, 2018. This is the phone Boost said would NOT work on their network; but Best Buy got it to work fine. It does have a few new twists to the conversation about SIM cards related to Network compatibility. Can it be if your Boost Service is Pre-Paid you need a special SIM for it?

They did switch my SIM card for the S8+ a couple of times.

Chat w Best Buy excerpt:

Marcus N (18:49:52 GMT) : Yes, this works with Boost mobile.
Marcus N (18:50:16 GMT) : Just to confirm, your Boost mobile is Pre-Paid, right?
Visitor (18:50:46 GMT) : Yes... $30 per Month...
Marcus N (18:51:01 GMT) : Okay, then this is compatible.
Visitor (18:59:08 GMT) : Thanks for your help and patience... but not sure how we got from a no go on Boost to we can do it? Hope when I get the store they can make it work/
Marcus N (18:59:53 GMT) : Yes, as your boost mobile is a prepaid one and the phone is unlocked, it will be compatible.

Agent

Are you trying to activate a Pixel 3? 

Accomplice

Yes I am.

Agent

Did you enter your phone ID on the website to check if it's compatible? 

Accomplice

We have been all thru that. Any questions please read all the Posts related to Pixel 3 should work on the Boost Network.

Accomplice

Also...

My phone is not on the list and it is a Samsung s8 Plus. But when I went and bought the phone at Best Buy, it took them awhile, because they couldn't get good help from Boost, because they got a different answer every time they called! But they did get the phone set up to work on the Boost network. How could they perform this magic trick when boost couldn't even do it? The SIM card that is in this phone is a Sprint card!

So it seems what we have learned here is.... 1) The List is likely outdated and incomplete. 2) Again, after all this time you and we really don't know if a Pixel 3 can be made to work on your network or not. And that is because we are just handed erroneous information and different answers; and people who work at Best Buy, who deal with all kinds of phones, can do it but Boost can't!

Agent

There is no longer a list of compatible devices on the website. You must enter the MEID here to check if it is compatible.

Accomplice

Thanks; but this does not solve all these users problems with connectivity. You all seem to never address the entire issue... just pick parts of it and leave the rest unaddressed.

SOLUTION???

Here is "maybe the solution" from a guy on the Google Pixel Community...

1. Sprint has to load the MEID into their system
  2. And then whitelist it. Seems to be quite the adventure.
  3. Need to  get a Click It ticket to add it?

Accomplice

SOLUTION???   Possibly???
Here is "maybe the solution" from a guy on the Google Pixel Community...

1. Sprint has to load the MEID into their system
  2. And then whitelist it. Seems to be quite the adventure.
  3. Need to get a Click It ticket to add it?

I have no idea, at this point, if Boost Support would gat on a 3Way call to assist in this happening.