Bought a Pixel XL because the boost website said it was compatible then the boost store said it wasn

Re: Boost can change APN settings & Pixel 3 will work on Boost Network?

I don't think you know what a pixel phone is first of all. It's an unlocked phone. It works on either gsm or CDMA. So it can work with sprint, verizon, at&t and T-Mobile. I personally have the pixel 3 and I'm on a CDMA sprint network. So can you please just do a tad bit of research to help this customer out and not just guess and assume because that's terrible customer service. And yes I used to be a mobile expert at best buy for four years so I understand how phone works.

If you’re on T-Mobile, AT&T, Sprint or a prepaid carrier, you won’t be able to simply turn up in one of your network’s brick-and-mortar locations and leave with a Pixel 3. However, you could order an unlocked model from Google’s website, then transfer your SIM card from your existing phone to your new one. Because the Pixel 3 supports both GSM and CDMA networks, it will run on just about any carrier.

Hey there, renauldporter! We apologize for the inconvenience at this time. Though this is the list of compatible unlock devices we are able to activate and support:

iPhone 7 (Verizon only)
iPhone 7 Plus (Verizon only) 
iPhone SE 
iPhone 6s
iPhone 6s Plus
iPhone 6
iPhone 6 Plus
iPhone 5s (Verizon only)
iPhone 5c (Verizon only)
Samsung Galaxy S7 Special Edition
Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Special Edition
Moto G4
Moto G4 Plus
Moto G5 Plus

That's fine if it's not on your list but don't lie to people and tell them a phone is GSM only without explaining what that means or actually just checking to make sure that phone isn't also CDMA. Take the guess work out and just give the facts.
I have a pixel I want to give to my mother but we will just leave boost and go to AT&T go instead.
Thanks for your time.
Accomplice

If someone at boost would take the time to look at this list... it seems that it would be easy to recognize that the listlis outdated and old... unless you intend not to let any more phones on Boost starting back with the iPhone 7 and Samsung 7s which are years old.

My phone is not on the list and it is a Samsung s8 Plus. But when I went and bought the phone at Best Buy, it took them awhile, because they couldn't get good help from Boost, because they got a different answer every time they called! But they did get the phone set up to work on the Boost network. How could they perform this magic trick when boost couldn't even do it? The SIM card that is in this phone is a Sprint card!

So it seems what we have learned here is.... 1) The List is likely outdated and incomplete.  2) Again, after all this time you and we really don't know if a Pixel 3 can be made to work on your network or not. And that is because we are just handed erroneous information and different answers; and people who work at Best Buy, who deal with all kinds of phones, can do it but Boost can't!

Also, one of your reps said that a Piixel 3 is a GSM only phone. Wrong again! Google, who makes the Pixel 3 says it is a GSM and a CDMA phone.  Again, answers that are given without proper knowledge.... this makes it very difficult for customers believe that they willl get the correct answer vs just any answer you can come up with whether it's right or wrong. Google believes there should be no reason that you could not get a Pixel 3 to work on the Boost network, if you want to and somebody knows how to do it at Boost.

Please get some of your top technical supervisors or whatever and figure this out.

That's 100% accurate.
Accomplice

Have you done this?

How would I (we) find a Boost Tech that could actually do this?

Do you know more details about the actual procedure?

Thanks

Accomplice

Google told me the Pixel 3 is both a GSM and a CDMA.

Accomplice

So, what do you think is the best way to go about getting a Pixel 3 setup on the Sprint/Boost network?

Agent

Hi, drol343. Click here to check if your phone is eligible to activate on Boost Mobile.