Bought a Pixel XL because the boost website said it was compatible then the boost store said it wasn

Enthusiast

Bought a Pixel XL because the boost website said it was compatible then the boost store said it wasn

I checled the imie on boost's website and the site told me congratulations yoir phone is compatible with boost all you need is a boost sim card. So i bought the phone. Went to boost and the rep said it wasn't eligible. Wouldn't sell me a sim or anything. Said i had to go to Sprint if i wanted a Boost Sim? I have 4 lines. I swear it makes me want to cancel them all.
29 REPLIES 29
Agent

Re: Bought a Pixel XL because the boost website said it was compatible then the boost store said ...

We're sorry to hear that you had this experience, @Flippper278. Unfortunately, since that phone is not listed in the compatibility list, there are not SIM cards available for that type of phone.  

Enthusiast

Re: Bought a Pixel XL because the boost website said it was compatible then the boost store said ...

Then why would your site tell me that it is compatible prompting me to spend the money and waste the money? Boost tellimg me it is compatible is why i bought the phone. I didn't just decide i wanted a pixel. I have 4 lines and i promise you i am going to cancel them all and go somewhere else over this.
Agent

Can you DM us MEID/DEC number so that we can take a closer look? To send a private message just click on the picture of any user and, in the next screen, click "send this user a private message".

Enthusiast

Re: Bought a Pixel XL because the boost website said it was compatible then the boost store said it

I think maybe you are all missing my point. I entered the meid into the website tool that is specifically in existence to check and see if a phone is compatible. That is the sole purpose of having the meid checker on your website. In turn, your website clearly stated (in no uncertain terms) that the Picel XL is compatible with Boost and all i needed was a sim card. Now you can say it is my fault all you want, however, why would i continue to search for a compatibilty list when the COMPATIBILITY TOOL stated that the Pixel was compatible? Why also do you suppose it's ok to have a flawed tool for checking said compatibility that has cost me (a loyal customer with 4 lines) money and then turn around and act as if it is my fault? I am not going to get in my vehicle and go switch my 4 lines of service to another company.
Accomplice

Re: Bought a Pixel XL because the boost website said it was compatible then the boost store said it

They did the exact same thing to me as well! Even tried making it look like it was my fault that their compatibility check stated a device I wanted to use was compatible!

And don't even get me started on their customer service. It is by far the WORST! You either get people that you can't even understand.

They pass you around to person to person. Non of which know why you were transfered

Or they straight up hang up on you.

They act like a unlocked note 4 can't be used on their network because it's not on that God awful outdated byod list. Yet I've had 2 note 4s on my account before.

They can always walk you through changing the APN settings to make the phone work on their network but more times than not you get ignorant reps thag don't know what they are doing. Or how to migrate or resku a device.

Absolutely terrible!
Accomplice

Boost can change APN settings & Pixel 3 will work on Boost Network?

So you are saying, and have actually experienced this personally... that Boost can walk you through changing the APN settings to make the phone, specifically a Pixel 3,  work on their network? 

I have been with Boost for a while now... and now I want to purchase a Pixel 3 and have no idea if it will work on the Boost network. Obviously I have no IMEI number to input into Boost's Verification Checked... plus it seems to be a useless and neglected list of Compatible Phones.

A while back I bought my Unlocked Galaxy S8+ from Best Buy... and it took 2-3 of their Phone Reps over 1 hour to get the proper info into the phone so it would work on Boost. The Best Buy reps did their best; but were on the phone with Boost Tech Support and got numerous dead-end suggestions. Finally, a new Best Buy rep walked up to the us; typed in some info; and the phone was connected. Seems like Boost would have been able to handle this on their own and in short order?

1) Does anybody, Users or Boost Support, know if the Pixel 3 will work on the Boost network?

2) Can a Boost Rep pick up this issue and get some clear and complete answers for all these users?

3) I am going to buy an Unlocked Pixel 3... I just need to know if I should stay with Boost or move to another more user friendly provider?

Highlighted

Re: Boost can change APN settings & Pixel 3 will work on Boost Network?

Hey there, drol343! The Pixel 3 device is not compatible with our system as it is a GSM device only. We apologize.

Accomplice

Some reps say one thing and some reps say another. You seem pretty sure that's Pixel phones do not work on the Boost network. Why did this simple statement take so long to be posted? I may have missed it somewhere as I am new to this site. I guess we can only assume that your response is correct. Thank you for your quick reply. could you suggest a network I could move to now from Boost? As I want the Pixel 3 more that I want the Boost network. Thanks again for your help.

Any network that works solely with GSM devices, like T-Mobile or AT&T.