Bought S8 phone from boost Pre-Owned on May 2018. Phone now has black screen of death.

Accomplice

Bought S8 phone from boost Pre-Owned on May 2018. Phone now has black screen of death.

Hello:

I bought a Boost Mobile Samsung Galaxy S8 phone in May of last year - pre-owned (not certified pre-owned).  This week, as I went to turn on the phone it had a permanent black screen.  Tried all the variations of a hard reset.  Took it to a local repair shop for a diagnostic and it seems like the motherboard or chip is now defective - need to replace.  

Any suggestions would be helpful.  This phone is barely 6 months old and is no longer working.  I do wonder what testing goes into the pre-owned phones if it will brick six months later. 

1 REPLY 1
Agent

Re: Bought S8 phone from boost Pre-Owned on May 2018. Phone now has black screen of death.

Hello @SoCal Unfortunately, we only provide a 90 day warranty on Pre-Owned devices, and if the device was purchased in May it may have around 8 months. Therefore, the device does not qualify for replacements. 

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.