Boost Mobile installing unwanted apps?

Accomplice

Boost Mobile installing unwanted apps?

So, automatically "mobile installer" always installs 10 apps, (App Spotlight, Prime Photos, AirG, Audible, Amazon Kindle, Boost 411. Boost Deals, Amazon Music, Tidal, 1weather) I do not want those apps on my device, any way to stop them from installing? Thank you 

13 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Boost Mobile installing unwanted apps?

Hey there! These apps are part of the Boost ID package and are installed automatically. Unfortunately, they cannot be uninstalled. 

Accomplice

One thing people don't need is Boost using up our storage space with crap we don't need. You don't really give a dam about your customers.

Accomplice

Special Care😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅😅
Agent

Sorry to hear that you feel this way @Wandat46. Please let us know if there's anything else we can assist you with.

Accomplice

You can rewrite Boost ID to omit these apps. MY PHONE. MY APPS. PERIOD. I do not want Uber or Candy Crush auto-installed. I disabled the Carrier Services app from within Android Apps. That seems to stop Mobile Installer.
Accomplice

You do understand phones have limited storage resources, and the APPS I NEED take precedence over the apps I DON'T WANT. Candy Crush Saga? Uber? PLEASE, give me back my storage space. Rewrite Boost ID so we can opt out of this garbage.

Send a note to your engineers directing them to make Boost Mobile ID an OPT-IN feature.

These apps are garbage, and should not be forced onto our phones so we can use precious storage space FOR OUR OWN APPS. Period.

U.n.a.c.c.e.p.t.a.b.l.e. I have been a Boost Mobile customer for many, many years. This is the line that may make me leave.

Accomplice

How do I disable the Carrier Services app from within the android apps? I too am limited on storage space with my week old Galaxy J7 Refine!
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, NascarHhotttee. Go to settings > apps. There you'll see the option to disable the app (if it is possible). You can also move applications to the memory card. 

Accomplice

Okay, I will look and try it. I am still learning how to work this phone. Just downloaded the manual also. Thank you!