Boost Community is undergoing maintenance and is read-only. For assistance, please visit boostmobile.com/contact-us. To manage your account, go to your My Boost app.
Boost Community is undergoing maintenance and is read-only. For assistance, please visit boostmobile.com/contact-us. To manage your account, go to your My Boost app.

Boost Mobile installing unwanted apps?

Accomplice

Boost Mobile installing unwanted apps?

So, automatically "mobile installer" always installs 10 apps, (App Spotlight, Prime Photos, AirG, Audible, Amazon Kindle, Boost 411. Boost Deals, Amazon Music, Tidal, 1weather) I do not want those apps on my device, any way to stop them from installing? Thank you 

19 REPLIES 19
Groupie

If I go into the apps and disable certain ones, will this affect my phones performance?
Groupie

If I do this disabling of these unwanted apps, will it effect my phone in any way?
Agent

Hi there, Tabi1975! If you don't use the apps that you disable, you shouldn't notice any change other than the app themselves not showing up. 

Enthusiast

My phone has an error and was unable to make or receive calls/texts. Boost helpdesk told me they were unable to connect to my phone due to a sim card error so I took the sim card out and threw it away and refrain from using cellular service on this device. It still automatically update over wifi installing the boost launcher app. The google play store is set to not auto update apps and the google play store itself is disabled. I tried to block it from accessing my wifi. I think a phone that Boost is unable to connect to and that cannot receive cellular data should even have the capability of auto adding boost launcher. Is my only solution to root this phone, because there is a boost mobile branch near me that will root phones for cash... they told me this is my only option..is that true. keep in mind this phone does not have a data plan and is used via wifi and as an mp3 device. I dont want any system to connect to this device and add anything..

Enthusiast

Installed automatically? I don't think so! Unacceptable! Do you know what unacceptable means? Unable to be accepted! So in other words "NO!"
Thank you, have a nice day.
Enthusiast

Exactly!!!!
Enthusiast

Amen! I completely understand and I completely 100% agree.
...and let me just add when the customer representative says "I'm sorry to hear that." Or "I'm sorry you feel that way, is there anything else I can help you with?" That's their way of saying; We're done discussing this, or we're ending this discussion on OUR TERMS; not the customer's.. SMH. give me a f'n break, that's bs.
Groupie

If you want to uninstall or disable any app just download the app "Package Disabler" it's logo is the Android symbol with an X on its chest. It even had the option "disable" all known bloatware
Accomplice

I will try this, thank you!
Accomplice

The local store here will say..Hmm, I'm not sure why that happens...or I don't know. I worked for At&T and Cellular One for many years and never had problems with phones like I have had with this one.