Blue Tooth issues with Oreo

Highlighted
Groupie

Blue Tooth issues with Oreo

My Samsung S7 just got updated to Android 8 Oreo. Now my Samsung Gear S2 and my BT headset SX-991 can no longer control the audio of my phone...things such as play, pause, fast-forward, etc. Does anyone know if there is a setting I need to change to allow my BT devices to be able to do this or is this an unfixable bug of Oreo?
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

I am assuming the device is still paired. In settings under bluetooth do they show as connected for media audio or call only or both?

If you press the gear icon are both sliders on?

Highlighted

I should have added, what app or apps are you trying to control?

Most music apps have a place in settings where you can turn remote control on or off.

I use VLC for example and it defaults to allow remote.

My music app defaults to off but you can turn on remote control.

Highlighted

Good morning, @tquinones73!

Once you've checked the points highlighted by @Occums-Razor, please let us know.

We truly care about helping you with this issue!

Highlighted
Groupie

I use Samsung music and Amazon's music player for playing music. And I use FBReader for playing books to me while I work. And yes, both my Gear S2 and my SX-991 headset are paired.
Highlighted
Groupie

Oh, and they are both set to both media and call.
Highlighted
Agent

Hi  Occums-Razor, Please confirm most music apps have a place in settings where you can turn remote control on or off? Victor21

Highlighted

Naturally I don't use any of the same apps but..

They should all be in settings. My Podcast player specificly lists bluetooth settings but my music player just lists as headset controls.

In VLC it is listed under settings > advanced controls.

As far as the gear, did you try reselecting from the gear music app?

What couldn't hurt and may resolve some issues is Samsung.  Grab yourself a refreshing beverage and a snack and go here..

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/gear-s2-bluetooth

scroll all the way down and in the middle is a box labeled chat.

See what they have to say for themselves.

Highlighted
Groupie

Samsung had me unpair and then re-pair my blue tooth devices, I can now control my music playback. I'm still unable to control my TTS playback, but I emailed the developer to see if they can create an updated version. The current load worked fine on Android 7 Nougat, but for some reason Android 8 Oreo has stopped the TTS from being able to take advantage of the Bluetooth control.