Unlimited Music Streaming??

SOLVED
Highlighted
Enthusiast

Unlimited Music Streaming??

I've signed up with boost mobile a year ago. I'm on the $35/mo plan with 2GB Data cap. I've been using spotify and iheart radio, and they are both, and I repeat!!! Both eating up my 2GB of Data! 

I've called boost mobile and even went to the store, they just say that I should be fine?

Look on this forum if you see any other people complaining about the same issue as I have! This is False Advertisement on thier site... Unlimited Streaming? If its unlimited, it would not count against my and other peoples data.

This is rediculous, please send a ticket to your system engineers and have them fix this problem! If your going to offer a service with a everything advertised on your site, the services should work AS PROMISED. Period.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Enthusiast

Re: Unlimited Music Streaming??

Hello. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it, logged into the spotify app, and I let my playlist stream using my data, and before i started the playlist to stream, i took note of my data usage it was 1315.  Ok so I went ahead and started my playlist on the spotify app using my data, and I gave it sometime, I refreshed my Data Usage statistics, it now shows 1418. 

So I did as you instructed me to do, but the problem still continues... I'm an IT professional myself so I quite know well in this field.

Please further instruct me what to do next, because this is getting out of shape, im getting impatient. 

4 REPLIES
Agent

Hi there @Adam10553 and thank you for letting us know about this issue.

We truly apologize for the hard time you've had with this situation, as it's totally understandable to feel disappointed when the advertisement says that this plan offers unlimited music streaming service.

Have you ever tried to uninstall and re-install the apps you're having issues with? Since this is a system glitch, it could be possible that your issue gets fixed after following this basic troubleshooting process.

We'll be looking forward to your reply.

- Robert.

Enthusiast

Hello. I uninstalled the app and re-installed it, logged into the spotify app, and I let my playlist stream using my data, and before i started the playlist to stream, i took note of my data usage it was 1315.  Ok so I went ahead and started my playlist on the spotify app using my data, and I gave it sometime, I refreshed my Data Usage statistics, it now shows 1418. 

So I did as you instructed me to do, but the problem still continues... I'm an IT professional myself so I quite know well in this field.

Please further instruct me what to do next, because this is getting out of shape, im getting impatient. 

Accomplice

First, you do not have a unlimited data plan if paying for the 2gb data plan, if using a music site as explained on boost website, it is free but only the sites stated on boost webpage.

Also, the music is free. The images loaded in the app and their advertisements and videos are not.