Unlimited Data System Emails

SOLVED
Highlighted
Groupie

Unlimited Data System Emails

Hello,
I've been a Boost customer for several years and have been very satisfied with the service and quality so far. I recently (July) purchased two LG Stylo 3's for myself and my Wife. We've been pleased with our purchases, we're enjoying the phones and everything seems to be fine. Until our billing cycle came due to be paid the following week. We paid for the next month of service and within minutes of receiving the payment confirmation email and text, we also received system emails stating that we had already used 85% of our "unlimited" data plan and that once we exceeded said "unlimited" data plans threshold, then our data speeds would then be capped.

Now, I'm not naive enough to think that our "unlimited" data plan is truly "unlimited", hence my repeated use of "" marks when referring to the Boost plan we both currently have. I'm quite aware of how the game is played and how the terminology is quite misleading because I really shouldn't be receiving an email about my data speeds being subjected to be capped for coming dangerously close to some undisclosed pre-determined amount, if the data plan I'm paying for is actually supplying me with an unlimited amount of data usage. I'm well passed the point of caring about that since I, the paying consumer of your services has over time, adjusted my usage of the data I'm paying for by offsetting said usage with connecting my mobile device to my home Wi-Fi.

What is really grinding my gears and has prompted me to post in the forums (because God forbid that I have the unmitigated gall to attempt navigate your maze of telephone prompts in an effort to speak with a live person when I dial in with an issue, but let me attempt to place an outbound call if I have yet to have paid my balance. Low and behold, I then am greeted with your automated attendant who's more than ecstatic to provide me with several options to speak with a living breathing soul.

I digress. The crux of the matter here is if I've just remitted my funds to continue using your services and received my confirmation of your services receiving said funds and renewing my plan for the new billing cycle, why would then receive an email from your system stating that I've already used 85% of my allotted "unlimited" data plan? It seems very incredulous that in a span of 15 - 20 minutes of receiving the payment confirmation text or email, stating that your services have been paid, that I'm already in jeopardy of having my data speeds reduced.

I have seen other users post similar inquiries, to which the reply has been to PM an agent for resolution. I too would like some resolution to this as well as more of an explanation of what is happening to my so called "unlimited" data every month to so quickly bring it to having only 15% left with each payment I make for myself and my Wife. It sounds to me like we are owed a great deal of data (at the very least, two billing cycles worth) as we certainly haven't had a chance to use 85% of your magical "unlimited" and unknown threshold yet.
See more topics labeled with:
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Unlimited Data System Emails

Hello SquarerootZ. We would like to look into this. Please send me a private message so we may work directly with you.

5 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Unlimited Data System Emails

Hello SquarerootZ. We would like to look into this. Please send me a private message so we may work directly with you.

Accomplice

Re: Unlimited Data System Emails

No one wasn't as drastic. However, I got same data usage warning within about 8-9 days of start of billing cycle. I use the services allot. And almost always reach cap or near it in the last week of cycle. Didn't use it anymore than usual. Data connection was bad enough. Now its quick sand.
Agent

Re: Unlimited Data System Emails

Hello, @Alhops2! We are concerned about this. Are you experiencing any issue with the data service? Please let us know.

Accomplice

Re: Unlimited Data System Emails

Yes! That's my point! Data connections have become exceptionally slow last 2.montjs. then I use all my data...unlimited plan. That really isn't. OST know that's just an advertised scam. Now most the time I can't connect
Agent

Re: Unlimited Data System Emails

Hi there, Alhops2! Can you private message us with your phone number and pin so we can take a closer look?