Re: Phone number not eligible for porting

Highlighted
Accomplice

I am a new customer from Sprint. Bought Samsung Galaxy S9 from Boost. Boost told me they don't port Sprint phone numbers and I can avail of discounts if I get a new number.I got a new number. The problem was I lost new phone same day while it still in the box on April 22, 2018.. Reported it stolen to Boost Mobile and the precinct near me. Now a friend bought me a phone from Best Buy. Brighstar sucks so I didn't forward a claim. Requires me to pay $175 deductible first. I want my old number from Sprint for the new phone which is unlocked from best buy. It is a universal unlocked phone. Best buy said compatible with Boost Mobile. How can .Boost Mobile store help me transfer my old number from Sprint to Boost Mobile when I still have the new number from Boost Mobile? I don't want to use that number since it is connected to the lost phone. Boost Mobile locked that Samsung galaxy S9. I called the store today to ask if I can come in tomorrow, May 16 to help activate my phone. Said exactly same thing. They can"t do it. Which store should I go to? I'm from Woodside, NY. I'm on standby with Sprint so that number is still mine.

5 REPLIES
Community Manager

@ali_ofqny I'd like an agent to look into this for you. 

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

Hi @SeaWolf. Thank you for asking someone to look into this. I really appreciate any help you can extend. There are so many people having the same issues with transferring their number to Boost Mobile from Sprint.  According to Sprint, Boost Mobile shouldn't have any problem. I don't know who to believe.  Take care.

Agent

Hi there, @ali_ofqny! Because the phone number is coming from Sprint, we have to do a migration which is a different process and can only be performed through customer care. Please, send us a private message with the following information to further assist you:

1. Name and last name.
2. Full address, including zip code.
3. Sprint phone number.
4. Sprint PIN/password.
5. MEID/DEC number and UICC/SIM card number of the Boost Mobile phone that you would like to activate.
6. Price plan that you would like to have with Boost Mobile.
7. 4 Digit PIN that you would like to have with Boost Mobile
Accomplice

Hi @Hamilton. I am considering my options at this  point. I haven't decided which Boost Mobile plan to take. With my stolen Samsung Galaxy S9 phone I paid for the $60 unlimited text, call and data with 20 GB hotspot.  Will it csuse an issue if I keep that plan with my new cheap phone with my old number from Sprint or will Boost Mobile system not allow me to keep said $60 plan since it belongs to the stolen Samsung Galaxy S9 with the new number from Boost Mobile? My other option is to stay with Sprint. I'm so confused right now.

Accomplice

Thank you so much, @Hamilton for your help. I'll let you know as soon as possible.