People getting calls from my number that I am not making

Go to solution
Highlighted

People getting calls from my number that I am not making

I just stated my Boost service a couple of weeks ago and I have had several people call me saying that I called them when I have not. Apparently my new number is somehow showing up on calls that I am not making. How does this even happen? And better yet, how do I make sure it doesn't happen again?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: People getting calls from my number that I am not making

hey @SarahDru, Unfortunately it looks like your phone number and Caller ID is being 'spoofed.'  Although this isn't legal, it's also not something Boost can fix.  You can protect yourself by ensuring that you never answer calls from numbers you don't know (if it's important people will leave a voicemail, right?) and never provide private information to anyone you can't verify over the phone.  For more information see our article about it here: Caller ID Spoofing

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

4 REPLIES
Agent

Hello, @SarahDru. Thank you for stopping by. We're sorry for this inconvenience. What type of phone you have? Please let us know. -Kira_M. 

ZTE PRESTIGE 2

Thank you for that information, SarahDru. Have you tried using your ZTE Prestige 2 on the CDMA only network mode?

We'd like to confirm if those issues you pointed out don't occur while using the CDMA only network mode.

Hozuki_Robert

Community Manager

hey @SarahDru, Unfortunately it looks like your phone number and Caller ID is being 'spoofed.'  Although this isn't legal, it's also not something Boost can fix.  You can protect yourself by ensuring that you never answer calls from numbers you don't know (if it's important people will leave a voicemail, right?) and never provide private information to anyone you can't verify over the phone.  For more information see our article about it here: Caller ID Spoofing

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.