Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Leaving after 10 years

Highlighted
Groupie

Leaving after 10 years

This post is about my experience with Boost Customer Service from a dealer location as well as during my interactions with Customer Care over the phone. These events took place over the course of Saturday 2/29/2020 through today Tuesday 3/3/2020. This is by far the most HORRIFIC service I have EVER received.
Saturday, I was at a Boost Mobile location from around 1430 to 18:30 (4 hours). Long story short, that agent did everything from (and I mean all of this very literally) getting her hair braided and wig put on, cursing at dealer services, AND being arrested while processing my order for 2 iphone 7 for my kids.. There is more but I will spare those details. Another agent finishes up my order (the first one threatened to quit during my transaction because her manager wasn't responding to requests for assistance with my order via email/text fast enough, so they sent another agent in from his day off to be in the store in case she did walk out). After my kids phones were finally activated we left asap to get away from the scene of police surrounding the building.
I decided to just order myself a phone online Sunday night. That experience was horrific as well.. I used BoostUp. I chose to do installments. I was under the impression that required using Smart Pay. Apparently, it does not. So by applying for both one canceled the other. I received the email regarding smart pay denying but Boostup installments were seemingly set as I was charged over $150 including shipping. I called customer service many times over the course of the last two days. I also spoke to agents online. It took HOURS for someone to explain to me that Boostup installments and smart pay were not the same. Once that was cleared up it was confirmed with Customer Care that I wanted to do the BoostUp installments. I was given a tracking number yesterday afternoon. The phone was on the truck, being shipped as of around 10 am today when Boost requested the device be returned and the agreement canceled. At that time I called customer care again and an agent told me she would send a message to FedEx to have it taken to a pick up location where I can just pick it up. I found out on yet another call that customer care does not communicate with FedEx only Technical Support can.
I was transferred countless times to many agents and several supervisors. The last "senior supervisor" just hung up on me after 2 hours and 7 minutes. Just before she ended the call, she told me she was sorry but now, I will just have to wait until the phone returns to them Friday 3/6 to get the phone sent back out. But first I will need to pay the entire charge AGAIN but, my refund will take at least a week to show back up on my card. Oh, and they cannot return my shipping fee which was for next day delivery. However, what they can do is give me a $15 credit to use toward my bill next month. I will be finding any phone company that will be compatible with my kids iphones and we are leaving Boost directly after this billing cycle. I hope this experience prevents others from the same frustration. I will be looking in to ways to sharing this experience in greater detail on a more public forum. I just really wanted someone affiliated with Boost to see this today as well as enlighten and empathize with others who have had similar experiences. Although, I really hope the agent that had her wig installed was crazy, resisting arrest/arrested part is more of a rarity.
Bye Bye Boost.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Leaving after 10 years

Sorry to hear about this experience, Kalessa. Can you send us a private message?