Calls from Random numbers

Go to solution
Highlighted

Calls from Random numbers

I have been receiving calls all day from people saying I have called them. I have not called any of these numbers and my phone does not show the number in my call log. I don't know how these people are getting my number or how my number is showing up in there call log. Is this happening to anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Re: Calls from Random numbers

We have created an article that explains a bit more about Caller ID Spoofing, which is what is happening in these cases.  Unfortunately, it's not a thing that we can fix, so please DO NOT send a private message to an agent here.  There are are some things you can do to ensure your information is protected.  Please see our Article: Someone is Using My Number to Call People for more information

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

18 REPLIES
Agent

Hey there, BenTaken2! We're sorry to hear that. Can you please shoot us a private message with the details so we can get this thing figured out? Victor21

I have also been accused of making 4 separate cell phone calls to other callers with "390-xxxx" numbers that are not in my contacts and that I have not made over the past two weeks.  The caller insists that he/she is returning my call, when my encased cell phone has been lying on a flat surface next to me at the time they say I called (so I am certain it is not due to "butt dialing" or from external pressure on the number pad).  How do I make it stop?

Agent

Sorry to hear that,adm1. Please send us the details via private message along with your phone number so we can follow up on this.

I got the same problem, but my line is not on so I can’t call people. I only can receive incoming calls.

My line is not on but I keep getting incoming calls saying did this or did somebody call this number a while ago. Can you please fix this , I keep getting calls from numbers across the U.S
Agent

Hi there MontaLove. Please send us a private message with your phone number and pin code and we will verify this for you. Victor21

Accomplice

Same thing.....
I've got a new phone and sum.
Called customer service
Supper annoying !

Anyone have an answer?
Accomplice

Did you get an answer to calls you did not make from boost?
Agent

Hi there, GEMN. Thanks for contacting us. 

We're sorry to hear you're having problems with the service. Could you give us more details? What seems to be happening?