Account half-activated? Now locked out.

Highlighted

Account half-activated? Now locked out.

I was trying to activate a used phone I just got.  It did not have a SIM, so I bought one.  I'm a new customer to Boost.

Got through the online activation steps to the point where a phone number was assigned.  Then, I realized I hadn't entered the # of the new SIM card.  (Apparently the previous owner had used the phone on Boost, because it auto-populated a SIM ID during the activation after it had the phone's IMEI.)

Since I hadn't completed all of the activation steps and I hadn't added any funds yet, I assumed if I just exited the process, the activation would cancel.  I didn't write down the new phone #.

But, now it won't let me activate the phone when I try to go through the online activation process again with the correct SIM.  I get: "Device does not appear to be eligible for activation."

How long do I have to wait before the online activation process will let me try again?  If no funds are added to the half-completed account from yesterday, will it expire after a certain amount of time so that I can create a new account with the correct SIM?

2 REPLIES
Agent

Re: Account half-activated? Now locked out.

Hi there, @BigBoz! Sorry to hear about this experience. Definitely want to look into this for you. Please send us a Private Message with your DEC and the PIN you created.

~Nosh_CxUx

Agent

Re: Account half-activated? Now locked out.