why am I getting a text saying that Messenger services have been enabled

Accomplice

why am I getting a text saying that Messenger services have been enabled

This message appears all the time. Not too sure what it means . Could it be I loaded an update that's trying to get me to use messenger for text by subtle force that would be typical of the identity information snatchers who are different from the criminal identity snatchers by what I don't know.
27 REPLIES 27
Agent

Re: why am I getting a text saying that Messenger services have been enabled

Really sorry to hear about this, youknowyouknow. Can you send us a private message with your phone number and pin so we can investigate?

Community Manager

Hey @youknowyouknow, I don't think you're being hacked.

I believe you're getting a notification that Enhanced Messaging features have been enabled on your phone. Several Android devices including the Galaxy S8 have recently added it.  Enhanced Messaging (also known as Rich Communication Suite) features give you some of the same functionality you use on FB messenger and other services so that your SMS and MMS are more like chat.  You don't have to use these features if you don't want, but they're available if you do.

What kind of device do you have?  That will help me quickly narrow it down.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

LG Stylo 3 is what I've got
Highlighted
Community Manager

This is the Sprint E-Guide for the Stylo 3 but the directions for Enhanced Messaging are the same whether you're using Boost or Sprint.   Take a look at the Advanced : Enhanced portion.  You can toggle it on to use Enhanced features like read-receipts, aliases, and auto-download.  

A couple things to keep in mind:

• Both you and the person you are messaging must have phones that are capable of using Enhanced Messaging in order for the features to work.
  • If you're on a daily or a limited data plan you might not want to turn some of these features on as they can use more data than regular text or MMS.  

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

Great, thanks much.
Agent

You're very welcome @youknowyouknow.

Accomplice

Is there a way it can be turned off? The constant texts is irritating! I'm getting the text every 5-10 minutes!! So PLEASE if there is a way to turn it off....PRETTY PLEASE let me know!!!
Thank you
Agent

Hey there, @Caution187! This seems to be a notification from Enhanced Messaging. Enhanced Messaging (also known as Rich Communication Suite) features give you some of the same functionality you use on FB messenger and other services so that your SMS and MMS are more like chat.  You don't have to use these features if you don't want, but they're available if you do. Just to confirm, what kind of device do you have?

Accomplice

Hey @MarcosG
I have a LG LS450....K3. Is "blocking" the text messages from 9197 the "best", easiest and fastest way?
Thank you