Unlimited Family Plan, Hotspot, and VPN

Highlighted

Unlimited Family Plan, Hotspot, and VPN

I have the growing data plan and am considering moving to the unlimited plan.  I understand I am limited to 8GB on a hotspot but is that per phone or per account?  Also, I read somewhere that I will also be limited to 8GB if I use a VPN (which I do).  I can't find that on the website so can anyone tell me where I would find it.  Does Boost enforce this and what happens after I reach 8GB?  Am I slowed down or just totally blocked?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Unlimited Family Plan, Hotspot, and VPN

Hello TheBigCheese!

Data Terms: Unlimited voice and data services are on-network only. Unlimited 4G LTE data where available. Once plan's high-speed data allotment reached, speeds reduced to 2G speeds until monthly plan cycle ends. For $50 Unlimited plan, data deprioritization applies during congestion.

Quality of Service Practices (QoS): Unlimited GIGS customers who use more than 23GB of data during a billing cycle will be de-prioritized during times and places where the Sprint network is constrained. See sprint.com/networkmanagement for details. It does not matter if you use a VPN.

Hotspot: Hotspot draws from plan's high-speed data allotment or limited to 8GB if on the $50 unlimited plan. After the 8GB the Hotspot is over until next month.

Highlighted
Enthusiast

Re: Unlimited Family Plan, Hotspot, and VPN

I have the $50 unlimited plan and when I checked my account on it said my bill was due on the 28th so I paid it on the 27th so when can I use my hot-spot?