Unhappy with Data pack

Unhappy with Data pack

I purchased a 1gig add on. I VISITED ONE WEBSITE....and I got a message that 85% of my data had been used with 5 minutes. Pure BS. Ps. Its MY website. Im the webmaster, i did not stream any video and programs werent eating up anything in the background. Boost needs to explain how they get away with this!
2 REPLIES 2
Agent

Re: Unhappy with Data pack

@Johnws3 Hey there! We're sorry to hear have this inconvenience. Even though you only access one website this may cause the data speed reduction. Data reduction is not only caused by the videos or pictures you download.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Enthusiast PaC
Enthusiast

Re: Unhappy with Data pack

"Even though you only access one website this may cause the data speed reduction. Data reduction is not only caused by the videos or pictures you download."

Uh, yeah....but in 5 min, that MUCH THAT FAST, equates to CONSTANT DATA stream of 2.83 Megs per second, EVERY SECOND, for each of those 300 seconds.

No music, no gaming, no video.
Obviously, IF a truthfull/knowledgeable complaint, the Sprint/Boost data meter was in error. As described, there should be but a relatively small amount of data allotment consumed, kilos, or few Megs maybe, maybe not even a Meg, depending on exactly what was exchanged.

Too bad no one asked if his phone settings, had data counter running, simple screen capture could show for that day, no gargantuan huge SPIKE, Lol, 850 megs in 5 minute period, on that day.

”. Data reduction is not only caused by the videos or pictures you download."
Or maybe investigate if the claimed "reduction" measured WAS INVALID.
His website, and his description, including the timeframe, IMO, deserved some follow-up investigating.