Time limit for adding phone to family plan/procedure for new account addition

Go to solution
Highlighted
Accomplice

Time limit for adding phone to family plan/procedure for new account addition

Hello all,

I am about to start a new account, a $35 3GB plan on my new Boost Mobile phone. My wife will be joining me on Boost within a few months. Is there a time limit for adding an account to the family plan? 

Also: When she does switch over, she will have a new account. Do we need to set up her account and pay the first month at regular price, or can we get the first month for $25 out of the gate?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Time limit for adding phone to family plan/procedure for new account addition

Hey there, vincepf! There's no time limit to create the family plan. Keep in mind that the plans available may change. These are the steps to create a family plan:

1.Determine whom you want to be a part of your Family and decide on a plan: $35 3 Gigs of 4G LTE Data OR $50
 Unlimited Gigs
TIP: All members must be on the same plan as the Primary.
2.Make sure the Primary line is on his/her plan of choice and has enough funds in his/her account for all new family members that will be added.
3.If you are the Primary line, login to your account and select Create a Family. Enter each Secondary line's Boost Mobile phone number and click invite. A free text message will be sent to this person informing him/her of the invitation. He/she can then login to My Account and select Accept.
4.After your family members have accepted their invitations, they will need to change their existing plan to the same plan as the Primary line (either $35 3 Gigs of 4G LTE Data OR $50 Unlimited Gigs).

Here https://www.boostmobile.com/?INTNAV=TopNav:Family#!/shop/plans/family-plans/ you can find more information.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Agent

Re: Time limit for adding phone to family plan/procedure for new account addition

Hey there, vincepf! There's no time limit to create the family plan. Keep in mind that the plans available may change. These are the steps to create a family plan:

1.Determine whom you want to be a part of your Family and decide on a plan: $35 3 Gigs of 4G LTE Data OR $50
 Unlimited Gigs
TIP: All members must be on the same plan as the Primary.
2.Make sure the Primary line is on his/her plan of choice and has enough funds in his/her account for all new family members that will be added.
3.If you are the Primary line, login to your account and select Create a Family. Enter each Secondary line's Boost Mobile phone number and click invite. A free text message will be sent to this person informing him/her of the invitation. He/she can then login to My Account and select Accept.
4.After your family members have accepted their invitations, they will need to change their existing plan to the same plan as the Primary line (either $35 3 Gigs of 4G LTE Data OR $50 Unlimited Gigs).

Here https://www.boostmobile.com/?INTNAV=TopNav:Family#!/shop/plans/family-plans/ you can find more information.

View solution in original post

Accomplice

Thanks for your reply! I'm still not clear, though, about adding someone that does not currently have an account. Is there a way to establish an account without paying for a full month in advance, so that the first month will be at the $25 rate?

Agent

When creating the family plan, the additional line will pay $25 (if that promotion is still available). A payment needs to be made to create the family plan.

Accomplice

After reviewing the website, combined with  your answer, I think I understand. The page you referenced says: "If you are a Secondary line, once you reach the Payment page, select the Add Money later option." So it would seem that we can begin the first month for $25. Thanks for your quick reply.