Text Messages dont send all the time

Groupie

Text Messages dont send all the time

I have to turn on airplane mode then turn it back off to get text messages to send. Sometimes this doesn't work... Sometimes it does. It doesn't happen all the time. About 50 % of text messages I get an error message, text failed to send. Would you like to retry. This has been going on ever since I started with boost mobile.
5 REPLIES 5
Agent

Re: Text Messages dont send all the time

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Are you getting any specific error message?  How long has this been happening? Is it everywhere you go, or in one location? Please, send us your nearest cross streets and ZIP code, then we can check your area for any outages or upgrades to the cell tower.

Groupie

There isn't an error code. Just says message failed to send. And it has a little red triangle to the left of the failed message. It happens wherever I go. I have had this problem since I started with Boost Mobile. I live in New Market, Indiana. Zip code is 47965. Nearest Cross streets are 6th and Vine.
Agent

Thanks for that information. After reviewing the area, there aren't any open service alerts. Please, follow the next steps:

If you have an Android:

1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
     - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
     - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. From the dial pad enter ##72786# (press "ok" when prompted. For HTC devices, press MENU>RESET)
3. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically. That should take about 3 minutes.

If you have an iPhone:

1. Tap Phone icon. 
2. Tap Key Pad if necessary.
3. Enter ##873283# then tap Call icon. 
4. Tap "ok" when prompted.

After that, please go ahead and check your service.

Groupie

I done this and it's still doing the same thing. The solution didn't work. Could it be that I was sold a junk phone from Boost Mobile. I tried to take the phone back when I noticed this problem, but the store in Crawfordsville, Indiana said the ten day return policy had already passed. So Im stuck with a phone that has issues?
Agent

Please, send us a private message with your phone number and PIN to further assist you.