Slow data after paying the bill

Highlighted
Groupie

Slow data after paying the bill

Usually deprioritization happens after you pass a certain amount of data. For me it's around 23 gb (for the all unlimited data plan). Now, the day before I played the bill I was deprioritised and it got slow...well, sort of. We played the bill after that day and waited until the next day to get it fast again as I know it takes at least a day until it refreshes. I noticed that it still got slow but randomly and I thought it was still going and didn't wait enough. A few days have passed and it is still slow to this day. I thought it was my phone and I decided to reset it. A dumb idea I can say and it didn't help at all. I then realized that all of our phones have been having the same problem, not just mine. They're all on the same data plan 100$ unlimited. And I'm wondering what's going on? Can anyone help? It'll be greatly appreciated.
24 REPLIES 24
Highlighted

@Jlynnlove

Hi. The reason for the issue may not be the same in all cases. Sometimes a customer would need to update the service/network connection on the settings. We may check the network in a certain area first, or we could review the account, which is why we ask for a private message to review personal account information that shouldn't be shared in public. We do appreciate your feedback though. I Wouldn't be clarifying this if you didn't ask. Maybe someone else could have the same inquiry that you mentioned. In your case, PM us so we can check things out.

- E.J.

Highlighted

I have the same problem with my data plan. Do I need to add more money?
What am I paying for?
Highlighted
Agent

Hey there, @MrsDixon2u Thanks for contacting us. Please check your data usage online at: https://myaccount.boostmobile.com/?INTNAV=TopNav:MyAccount If you went over your data usage (and you are not in the $0 unlimited plan) you can add a data pack online of $5 for 1GB or $10 for 2GBs of high-speed data usage.

Highlighted
Groupie

I just paid my bill a week ago, haven't used anything close to throttle my speed. Note I did lose my phone, went and purchased same phone, activated it and now it slower than ever.. Like I paid Twenty a month.. Can't fix it.. I've tried..wtf?
Highlighted

@briisback Please send us a private message with the phone number and PIN to further investigate. We'll need a cross street address and zip code.

- E.J.

Highlighted
Accomplice

I'm having the same problem. Not just now, but every month. Not just after I pay my bill. All month. Can't even load a web page most of the time because it times out!
Highlighted
Agent

Hello @Burndog1213 So sorry about the trouble. Which plan do you have? Have you receive any message about data reduction?

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.
Highlighted
Accomplice

50 unlimited and my bill was paid yesterday. So no messages about data reduction. I even used a signal reset app and changed the mobile network setting from automatic to LTE / CDMA.. Still timing out with minimal background processes running..
Highlighted
Agent

So sorry to hear about this experience, Burndog12. We want to help! Could you send us your zip code and any street intersection near you to check the coverage?

Highlighted
Accomplice

19th Street and Arthur ave.