Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Screen cracked...not told to "register" liquid screen protector...Boost you just lost a customer

Highlighted
Groupie

Screen cracked...not told to "register" liquid screen protector...Boost you just lost a customer

When I purchased my Samsung 8 phone December 2017, I purchased the liquid screen protector and had the employee at the store apply it so that it was done correctly. They never told me that it had to be "registered." So when I dropped and cracked my phone this morning I took it in to the store and they told me there was nothing that could be done because it wasn't registered. Well hold on a second. If you don't notify the customer that something needs to be registered for it to be effective than how are we supposed to know? The employees were pretty rude and said the only option I had was to pay the $175 deductible and get a new phone. They said there was no way to have the liquid protector cover the deductible because it wasn't registered (once again, never told this). I can't even upgrade to new phone because I am still paying on this one. I think this may be the end of my account with Boost. There are many other companies now with similar pricing and better customer service. I may not be able to get a new phone through you, but I sure can get one elsewhere.
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Screen cracked...not told to "register" liquid screen protector...Boost you just lost a customer

Hello, cla020679. Thank you for stopping by. We're truly sorry for this inconvenience. Do you have insurance on your account? If you purchase the phone on December 2017, you still have a warranty with the phone manufacturer (Samsung). Have you contacted the warranty department? Please let us know. We're here to help. -Kira_M. 

Groupie

Re: Screen cracked...not told to "register" liquid screen protector...Boost you just lost

I do have insurance. That is why they told me it would be $175 to replace. But because I purchased the liquid protector, that was supposed to cover $100 of that. But now it won't. What do you mean covered by warranty?
Highlighted
Agent

Re: Screen cracked...not told to "register" liquid screen protector...Boost you just lost

@cla020679: We apologize for the mix-up, accidental damage is not covered under the warranty, but it's cover under the insurance. Also, please send us a Private Message with the store's name and address so we can take a closer look into this. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page.