S8+ Pre owned units HORRIBLE DO NOT BUY

Accomplice

S8+ Pre owned units HORRIBLE DO NOT BUY

I read the reviews and made a purchase of two S8+

I am a boost customer for over 14 years.

One unit has a burned in screen while the other is all banged up and the screen is scratched.

Think twice about these units. Now I have to call to get a replacement and keep getting hung up on. Its just not user friendly to get a replacement. Be warned: here's the process:

You call their number they transfer you to the warranty department which then tells me Im under the 7 days so I can get it swapped at a store OR send it in for a 2 week turnaround (and be without a phone...)

No local store here has the S8+ so that's out.

They are not willing to send me a phone (which I have NO problem prepaying) to ship this one back so we will not be out a phone.

Their process is horrible and as a customer for over 14 years, I can tell you to think twice about getting a Pre Owned phone. 

No sense of respect at all for being a customer so long, mind you I have referred over 22 people.

I cant believe how they treated me. 

Order Key:ek-bepp-****

Sincerely,

Disappointed Customer 

40 REPLIES 40
Accomplice

Re: S8+ Pre owned units HORRIBLE DO NOT BUY

Adding to this comment, the "Boost Stores" they provided me all claim that if I bought it from boostmobile.com there is nothing they can do you have to call boost.

So their Customer Service is giving out false info and Boost Stores don't even want to get involved.

Your basically screwed if you get a pre-owned phone online from Boostmobile.com ......

1. Mind you this is a phone UNDER 7 days old.

Stores they provided with no help:

Boost Mobile
Medford, NY
(631) 475-6767

Boost Mobile
Farmingville, NY
(631) 496-9099

Agent

Hi there LongIslander. I am really sorry about the inconvenience you have had with your device and for the confusion there about the return process or warranty. To better assist you, can you please send us a Private Message with your phone and pin number and the order number of your purchase?  We are here to help. 

Accomplice

PM sent.

Will post openly with conclusion for all to read.

I am going through the same thing with a S8 that I received with dead pixels in the screen. Was told they were sending me a replacement that never came, then calling back was told they don’t do replacements. So I sent my phone in. Was told I would get the refund 3-5 days after they received the phone. Didn’t, so I called in, and was told it would take 7-14 days to get the refund. All of this because they sent me a broken phone in the first place.

Accomplice

As of today I bought another one out of my pocket and Customer Service has yet to send me a return ship for this broken one.

Im out 393.00 as of now.

Hopefully this get resolved. They asked for my address and info to send me a return but never send the actual label or the return tag/id or were to ship it to.

Agent

Hi, LongIslander. We've replied to your private message. Please check your inbox. Thanks.

Accomplice

I just got the complete run around from you folks.

I replied with my address twice days ago, nothing

then I asked this morning whats the status and you folks asked the same questions all over again.....

Accomplice

ALL I WANT TO DO IS RETURN THIS DEAD PHONE AND GET MY MONEY BACK.
14 YEARS WITH BOOST AND I GET THE RUN AROUND.

Agent

Hey there, @LongIslander! We'd like to help you. Please send us a private message with the order number for further assistance.