Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

No Data/Signal, but can make calls.

Highlighted

No Data/Signal, but can make calls.

I have been with Boost for a few months now and enjoy the service. But once I step inside my home, I have no signal/data. I can make and receive calls and text messages, but I cannot use my data. I am considering a switch if I cannot use my data from inside my home. It works if I step outside.

EDIT: Sometimes, rarely, it will work inside my home.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Re: No Data/Signal, but can make calls.

Hey there, @Xentonic! Thanks for contacting us. If your issue only happens when inside of your home address, it could be related to the phone area itself. We've also verified that the network is working correctly in your area. However, you're currently experiencing issues because of decreased signal strength in your specific indoor location. Here are some things that can cause this issue:

* The size of the house or building
* Your location within the building – for example, elevators, basements or parking structures
* The type of building – for example, certain hospitals
* The building materials
* Hills and mountains in the area
* The number of trees around the location

We can understand how frustrating this experience must be. We've reported your issue to our network team so they'll be aware of your specific location. However, we'd like to troubleshoot your phone and see if there's any improvement. Could you please provide us with your phone's brand and model?

Highlighted

I am currently using a Samsung J3 Emerge.

Highlighted
Agent

Understood, @Xentonic! Please try this procedure to update your networks:

1.From the home screen, tap the Phone icon.
2.Dial ##72786#.
3.Tap OK.
4.Your phone will restart.
5.After it restarts, your phone automatically starts Hands Free Activation.
6.After Hands Free Activation completes, your phone is ready to be used.

Highlighted

This did not affect the issue.
Highlighted
Agent

How many signal bars do you have? If more than 3, please send us a private message with your phone number and pin. We'll do our very best to help!