Network Speeds

Network Speeds

How bad is the speed reduction on the 50$ plan? Am i still able to watch Movies? 

Secondly, is there a max limit of data that can be used in a single month? 

8 REPLIES 8
Community Manager

Re: Network Speeds

Welcome, @Boostuser93!  I'll ask @Hozuki_Robert to hop in with an answer about the data limit.  Perhaps a member on that plan can give you an idea about his or her experience on the $50 plan.

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Accomplice

There is no max data if you have the $50 unlimited plan

Don't do it!

I switched to the new plan last month. Within 2 days I received a msg saying I have used 75% of data. And I thought it was because I was using my phone as a hotspot. Not the case at all. Just paid my bill Sat and I received the same msg today and I have not used the hotspot once! Totally useless

Hi there @Boostuser93! My apologies for the long delay in my reply!

There's certainly no limit nor penalty for the amount of high-speed data that you use on the $50.00 Unhooked plan. But please notice that if you use 23 GB (or more) of high-speed mobile data, you might experience slow data speeds only at high-network traffic areas.

That's what we call when the service is "prioritized" in order to allow you access to voice and data services still under heavy network-traffic areas. Please let me know if there's anything else I can do to help you. Always at your service!

- Robert.

Hi there @Eblue!

I'm sorry to know you've had this experience with such great plan.. It's truly disappointing when you reach your data allotment that fast after expecting a long-lasting high-speed service.

Could you share with us what type of application you were using through your phone's mobile hotspot data service? Remember that there are certain apps that consume more data than others. This might have to do with the brief time frame between your first connection using hotspot and the 75% warning message.

I'll be waiting for your reply!

- Robert.

Enthusiast

Boost Mobile
Offers a $50 unlimited prepaid package unlimited talk text and data. You can finally watch those movies you've been dying to watch all month long. That is Limitless on the unlimited $50 plan
Enthusiast

Same here! I thought it was unlimited, so why the slow down???