Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

My money is on hold boost but couldn't buy phone

Highlighted
Accomplice

My money is on hold boost but couldn't buy phone

Tryed to buy phone using paypal when I was redirected back to complete the order received notice from boost to contact my financial institution and try again later.
Paypal now has my money on hold for 30 days and I can't afford to "try again" my money was put on hold pending a transaction that apparently isn't happening!
And yes I contacted PayPal the money is and was there and I can't lift the hold!
I do like the phone service not the stress though.
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Agent

Re: My money is on hold boost but couldn't buy phone

Hello Chamouka, we sorry to hear you had this issue. PayPal is the only one that can release the funds. We do apologize for the inconvenience. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Actually boost placed the hold and has to inform PayPal to release it. PayPal has sent 2 requests, I have an email stating that from them.
Highlighted
Agent

If this is the case then the department in-charge of this will take care of it.

Highlighted
Accomplice

They didn't that's why I posted here!!!!

Highlighted
Accomplice

Still no help from boost
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there Chamouka. I am sorry for this inconvenience. This hold you are referring here is coming from PayPal and that is a PayPal policy. Please contact PayPal and visited their forum to learn more as to the different reason why your funds can be place on hold. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

Again boost placed the money on hold pending my buying a phone. When I went to complete the transaction boost said to contact my financial institution.
I did, the money was there and put on hold by boost and as boost is aware when funds are plaved on hold by them it is done so for 30 days.
PayPal has sent a request to boost to release the hold but boost hasn't and can't without boosts permission.
Am on a fixed income and had to save up only to have this really become a horrible experience.
Highlighted
Agent

We're truly sorry that we can't help more. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I guess looking for help from boost mobile with a boost mobile problem was a little too much to ask.