Issues with data speeds

Accomplice

Issues with data speeds

So for the past three weeks Ive pretty consistently been clocking in at under 200kbps (as checked with fast.com). I'm in the new england area so I figured it was at least partly due to the bad weather we've had lately but as of yesterday the highest download speed Ive gotten was 120kbps..... is this a wide spread thing? I know sprint has the absolute worse 4g speeds in the industry but this is worse than dial up at this point, for reference point my girlfriend has metropcs and fast.com clocked her phone right now at over 14gbps..... thats over 100 times faster than what Im getting right now....... I'm not throttled, havent gone over the 23gb threshold (not even close), and switching to 3g only doesnt help. Any ideas what is going on here?
8 REPLIES 8
Agent

Re: Issues with data speeds

Hello RyanH, please send us you street, city and zip code so we can check the towers in the area?

Accomplice

100 cove way quincy ma, 02169.
I was also getting the same speeds in Charlestown where I work. 60 Austin st, charlestown ma 02129.
Agent

Thanks for the information. We've checked the coverage of the area and, fortunately, there are no outages over there. What kind of cellphone do you have? 

Accomplice

Samsung Galaxy S5
Agent

Please, follow these steps to program your phone: 

0. Turn the phone off and back on
1. Turn Wi-Fi off and Mobile Data on
 - Settings > Wi-Fi > Off
 - Settings > Data Usage > Mobile Data > On
2. Check signal strength (3 bars, or 60% is recommended)
3. From the dial pad enter ##72786#
4. The cellphone is going to update the Profile and the PRL and reboot automatically.

That should take about 3 minutes, and then calls and data services should work. 

Highlighted
Accomplice

I've done that a couple times in the past week. I even tried the ##72786# just before I got fed up and decided to try here. The phone hasnt shown any improvement at all.
Accomplice

Just to be clear, I really have been trying to figure this out. Under the activate my device setting option I've even found the IOT hidden menu and followed an xda developer site explaining how to check that my 4g hardware is working correctly (it is) as far as i can tell, theres nothing wrong with the phone, which is why Im getting so frustrated that I cant even manage to stream a single low quality video
Agent

We totally understand your point. Even though it seems to be always the same, the ##72786# is performed for different purposes, or to refresh the connection and make effective some changes we perform on your account for provisioning reasons. So bear with us; through the troubleshooting we might have to ask you to program the phone couple of times while trying to fix the issue. 

We need to have a look at your account.  To better assist you in a secure channel, please send us a text message to 2781 from a Boost Mobile cellphone  with your name,  phone number and PIN Code.