I thought I had 4g?

Accomplice

I thought I had 4g?

I notice when I first got my phone and got home to take a look at it and then off my wifi just to see how fast it be without using my wifi and notice I only got lte speed. Is there a way to get 4g on my phone? Even when at work without connecting to wifi I only have lte speed and some places I go out to eat and stuff.... I have the 50 dollar plan with unlimited text and calls and high speed data. I might of well switch to the cheaper plan then if I don't have the 4g network.
7 REPLIES 7
Community Manager

Re: I thought I had 4g?

JackLee, I can get someone to look in on you but we'll likely need to know where the problem is happening.  Can you provide a zip code to get the process started?  Then @Hozuki_Robert can jump in and help Robot Happy

Community Manager

Captain of the Pirate Ship the Vicious Cream Puff

If my post (or someone else's) was especially amusing, helpful, or informative, show a little love by clicking the 'thumbs' up' icon to give it a kudos or marking it the Accepted Solution.

Highlighted

Hi there @JackLee!

There's nothing to worry about because LTE is a short term for 4G Long Term Evolution, and therefore your phone's data service is working as expected.

When Boost Mobile used to support the 4G WiMax network, you could see a "4G" icon at the top of the screen. But 4G LTE is indeed the enhanced version of the previous 4G service.

Hope this explanation has cleared your doubts and feel free to let me know if there's anything else I can do for you.

At your service!

- Robert.

Groupie

I unlock my samsung j7 per to all network but can't access the LTE/CDMA on it .when i switch to The LTE/CDMA. it bring no connection on my phone and its only working on Gsm/umts.please i need help on this .all my app not working it says my connection is slow
Agent

Hi, Whitebender! Definitely wanna look into this for you. Is it a Boost Mobile phone? Did you unlock the phone? Please clarify. We want to help!

Groupie

Am glad to hear a response to my post, i unlocked it ,my uncle send me the phone from new york ,am living in Nigeria so i unclock the phone to a nigeria network since then i coundnt access the phone CDMA and LTE
Groupie

Am glad to hear a response to my post, i unlocked it ,my uncle send me the phone from new york ,am living in Nigeria so i unclock the phone to a nigeria network since then i coundnt access the phone CDMA and LTE and its a boost mobile phone i could see it on the package and it came with a Sprint sim
Agent

Ah – gotcha. Even if unlocked, Boost Mobile devices may not work on another carrier's network. Whether an unlocked Sprint device can be used on another carrier's network is subject to that carrier's policies and network compatibilities. You can visit this link https://www.boostmobile.com/?ID16=spot1:All:unlock#!/support/faq/phones-devices/unlocking-policy/ for more details about our unlocking policy. If you have any other question or concern, just let us know.