Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer

Highlighted
Accomplice

Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer

I went to a boost mobile store last week to get a family plan with 5 lines , and to get the buy one get one free offer on the plan, but they wouldn't let us use the BOGO offer, they also said they had to activate the phones at the store ($25 per phone fee) , even though its such an easy process and I've done it before. two of the lines were ported in from another provider and the other 3 were new ..

 

Are we able to port our virgin mobile numbers over to our new phones, even though a number is on the phone?

 

so we end up spending an extra $200 going to the store, vs buying the phones online, because of the rep at the boost mobile store, yet we went to another store before this a week before and they said we would get the BOGO offer for the family plan.

 

14 REPLIES 14
Agent

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer

Hi, @Coriolis ! Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the hassle you have go through. We can help you migrating your phone numbers from virgin, but keep in mind that the Buy One Get Other one ("BOGO") promotion is valid for port-ins from a non-Sprint related carrier. So if you're trying to port from Virgin Mobile, unfortunately, you won't qualify for this promotion.

Accomplice

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer


GermanHR wrote:

Hi, @Coriolis ! Thanks for contacting us. We're sorry for the hassle you have go through. We can help you migrating your phone numbers from virgin, but keep in mind that the Buy One Get Other one ("BOGO") promotion is valid for port-ins from a non-Sprint related carrier. So if you're trying to port from Virgin Mobile, unfortunately, you won't qualify for this promotion.


We did two port-ins from a non-sprint carrier and the other 3 lines were all new lines, but we did not get the BOGO offer anyways.

Agent

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer

Understood. We apologize for the misunderstanding. In that case, we recommend you returning the devices to the store where the transaction took place so you can be refunded, and then take advantage of the BOGO promotion on a different location.

Accomplice

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer


GermanHR wrote:

Understood. We apologize for the misunderstanding. In that case, we recommend you returning the devices to the store where the transaction took place so you can be refunded, and then take advantage of the BOGO promotion on a different location.


that still doesn't answer the other questions? why do we have to pay the activation fees and have them activate it at the store, when we do not want to do that?

Agent

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer

Indirect dealers operate independently, so they may have additional fees and charges as well as internal policies. Some of them may require you to activate the device in their store if you bought it from them. It is recommended to ask the store representatives for any possible surcharges or conditions for the services provided there before making payments.

Accomplice

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer


GermanHR wrote:

Indirect dealers operate independently, so they may have additional fees and charges as well as internal policies. Some of them may require you to activate the device in their store if you bought it from them. It is recommended to ask the store representatives for any possible surcharges or conditions for the services provided there before making payments.


It was a boost mobile store, direct dealer, that is why we choice this store, vs the other indirect boost mobile dealers.  It was a boost mobile Premier store, without any other name, unlike the other stores which had boost mobile, but had different names in it.

 

I figured the direct boost mobile dealer would be the best route for getting this BOGO offer and avoiding activation fees if possible.

Agent

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer

Thank you very much for replying. After further research, currently Sprint is offering our Dealers the option to charge a device set-up fee to help improve the Dealers’ profitability and cash flow in a very competitive environment. This puts the Customer Fees charged by our Dealers at the same level as Customer Fees charged by the other Prepaid Carriers, so this explains why you were charged an activation fee on a direct Boost Dealer location.

Accomplice

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer


GermanHR wrote:

Thank you very much for replying. After further research, currently Sprint is offering our Dealers the option to charge a device set-up fee to help improve the Dealers’ profitability and cash flow in a very competitive environment. This puts the Customer Fees charged by our Dealers at the same level as Customer Fees charged by the other Prepaid Carriers, so this explains why you were charged an activation fee on a direct Boost Dealer location.


that might explain that, but then the phones would have been cheaper getting them online because we would not have to pay that activation fee. but we still did not get the BOGO offer , which should have been applied to one of the phones.

Agent

Re: Family plan - porting numbers - activation fee - BOGO offer

That is correct. If you are porting from a non-Sprint related carrier, then you qualify for qualify for the BOGO benefit. Since this wasn't applied to you, we recommend you to return the devices, so you can claim the benefit once you're refunded for the first transaction.