Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html
Boost Mobile Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Boost app or BoostMobile.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit https://www.boostmobile.com/support/contact-us.html

Data add ons are applied in a way which robs customers of high speed data

Highlighted
Accomplice

Data add ons are applied in a way which robs customers of high speed data

Recently I noticed a big flaw in the way data add ons are applied to a customer's account. If you're on a 2G data plan and you use up the data before the billing period ends, say you struggle for a few days using the phone at that obnoxiously slow rate . Say you use 500M but then you can't take it anymore and you add a data pack. The 2G is added but that 500M is then automatically lumped into the data used out of that data add on. Therefore the custmer is paying for an addition 2G of fast data but only really getting 1.5G because that already used 500M or .5G is coming off the top, eventhough it was at that obnoxously slow rate. This is a dishonest method of accounting and they really need to rectify the problem. I have brought it to their attention and I hope other customers express their concern for this obvious accounting problem which has cheated customers out of many Gs of high speed data. It approaches fraudulence
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Groupie

Re: Data add ons are applied in a way which robs customers of high speed data

Thank you for the explanation. I have neverr been happy with my Boost mobile service. I can only get a data signal in my home if im at a certain window And i have to go outside to make calls. Even at the window i never get better than 3G. Im about to switch to Cricket. Ive heard that they have good service out here in the stix!! Yep...Boost mobile is a joke and a dishonest one at that#!!
Highlighted
Accomplice

Re: Data add ons are applied in a way which robs customers of high speed data

I used to live in a place with limited coverage.  Since coverage maps aren't always correct and the carriers will tell a potential customer whatever they want to hear,  I told  the carrier when I purchased the phone to give me a personal guarantee that they would accept the phone and return any other fees if the phone didn't have at least 3 bars reception in my house.  They balked but did it.  Of course I got the rep's name and his manager's name.