Customer Support

Customer Support

Boost has the most ridiculous customer support I have ever dealt with. I have been dealing with these idiots for two months now. I started out on boost with their family plan that included 4 lines with unlimited text and 2 gb of high speed data. Well they decided to change my plan without my knowledge to a new plan that would cost me $140/ month. My issue is not the money it's how can they get away with changing my plan without my knowledge the day before my bill is due?? Every representative I speak to gives me the run around even the supervisors have no idea how to do their job!!!! After talking to a supervisor and paying my bill also being reassured my other lines would not be cut off, guess what I sit here this morning with my other lines turned off, costing my husband to lose work.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Enthusiast RJW
Enthusiast

Re: Customer Support

I have a wifi hotspot plan for $50 for 10gb per month which I just started on 10/28/16. On 11/22/16 I received an email indicating I had only 50mb of data left. When I checked usage, it clearly showed I had used less then 5gb! I spoke to customer service that same day and was told the same thing...I still had over 5gb of data left. I even spoke to a supervisor. They referred it to another department and said it would be resolved in 3-4 days and they would call me. I called back on 11/25/16 and  the young lady added 2gb of data for free since I was unable to use my hotspot. She also told me she could see I still had data from my plan and said someone would call me. No one called. I called back on 12/2/16, after my plan was restarted for the month on 11/28/16. Still no resolution. I was told again they would call me. No call. The only time I hear anything is when I call them. I told the representative it would be nice to get a progress report by email even if nothing was resolved yet. I said I was trying to give them a chance to resolve the problem or credit my account or something before I went to the community. I'm fed up now with getting the same answer every time and seeing no results. I'm tired of having to contact them every time in order to hear anything. It's almost like they hope I'll just forget about it and go away. If someone would just admit, "Hey..we don't know what happened. Let me credit your account." Or something. Someone should be willing to go out on a limb and make a decision and stop sending me on a wild goose chase trying to get a resolution. I would be so appreciative.

Accomplice

I've had similar experiences with these remotely located Boost call center technicians.  I think they are so removed from the practicalities of a problem with a simple solution.  And I don't blame them,  the fingers should all point to the coperate management of Spint (boost Mobile's parent).  We would likely be surprised by the algorithm used to monitor and monitize what is considered a successfully operated remote call center.  The parameters are likely convoluted and complex having nothing to do with the ability to have a simple customer friendly solution.  They need every problem to fit certain parameters so they can apply a predetermined remedy.   I can't believe this pervassive  method of farming out customer service has proven to be good for the bottom line, but it must be.   Until us customers start voting with our dollars, and feet,  I think we will continue to be subjected to this frustrating business model.

how to active my phone boost mobo

how to active my boost phone with new plan S35
Agent

Hello @Reaves85 So sorry about the trouble! Actually the information provided today is correct. The credit should be applied to your account, once the issue is fixed, so the correct amount could be applied.

~JoyP.

~ Joy P.

I am having almost the very same issue right now. I was using my hotspot today and all the sudden it just quit and so I called n to support and was told I had not reached my limit yet and it would b looked into and someone would call me back n 2 hours and no one did. And this is not just my phone it's also the other phone on my account also. I thing this whole losing ur hotspot completely is totally absurd and should not b. When I was with Ntelos my hotspot last my entire month of service if I reached my limit it still continued but with lower speeds and it should and since they took over Ntelos they should honor that. I'm very dissatisfied with that rule and mostly because u don't even have the option to add on to ur hotspot data and it should b one way or the other. I paid my phone service and also paid for Hulu and set up on free 30 day trials on other streaming services and will lose out on most of it now ugghh sorry to rant on u but this seriously needs changed