Code 97 when texting

Go to solution
Accomplice

Code 97 when texting

Code 97 message not sent contact customer care pops up when attemting to text while roaming.  Have mobile data set to automatic and roaming is also automatic but am unable to change the roaming gaurd for voice or data. Everything is greyed out.  Did a mobile data reset, as well.  I can not make or recieve calls while roaming, either.  Been having this issue on and off for almost a year.  Thought was over but here it is back again and worse than before.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Agent

Re: Code 97 when texting

We'd like to investigate this situation as it could be caused by a local outage or another type of network issue. Would you mind sending us a private message with your phone number and current location? We'll be glad to help

EdwinRG.

19 REPLIES 19
Agent

Hello fedup. Bear in mind that our plans include 50 minutes for voice roaming, and unlimited messages as long as you have minutes left (messaging is unavailable if you run out of minutes). Data is currently not available for domestic roaming. You can find details regarding our domestic roaming in this website http://boost.co/2sYAIcS.

Accomplice

beginning of plan..... still have 50 mins avaliable... no roaming texting avaliable at all... have had before so I know it is avaliable

Agent

We'd like to investigate this situation as it could be caused by a local outage or another type of network issue. Would you mind sending us a private message with your phone number and current location? We'll be glad to help

EdwinRG.

Accomplice

How do I PM? Don't see any way to do that.
Highlighted
Agent

In order to send a private message, click on my avatar image and select send this user a private message.

Groupie

I am also having this issue I just started this service and got it specifically to text if I can't text I will not need service from you folks

Agent

Hello, @Smiles. Thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us today. We're more than happy to assist you. Could you please send us private message to better assist you? We'll be waiting for your response. Remember, we're here to help. -Kira_M.

Accomplice

Still having this issue and repeatedly tried PMing but I have no clickable links to for PMing!?!

My wife is having a code 97 problem. Inable to text or make phone calls. She is in Bryce, Utah and called me on her cousin's Verizon Phone.