Carrier Aggregation On Boost Mobile Network.

Highlighted
Accomplice

Carrier Aggregation On Boost Mobile Network.

Is Carrier Aggregation  Enabled  On The  Boost Mobile Network And On Boost Mobile Capable Phones Like On A Sasmung Galaxy J7 Because When I Go Into Service Mode Using Phone Dailer code, It Says "CA Disabled" Which is Carrier Aggregation. When I Try To Enable Carrier Aggregation. When I go Back Into Service Mode, Is Says CA Not configured.  I will Provide A ScreenShot. CA Disabled.jpg

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Guru

Hi,
I was just about to ask about this then I saw your post. The Boost website says they do here;
https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/enhanced-lte/
and CA is enabled on my device, a Sprint Note 4, but I have never seen it kick in. Thank you Boost for listing some devices you support.

gaushouse, your J7 is on the list. Is CA still not working for you?

Anyone ?
Is CA working for you on Boost? With what device?

Anyone know where I can find a list of Sprint CA enabled devices? Ive scoured their website and cant find it.

-J

::edit:: my speeling sucks
Highlighted
Guru

Hi,

I see Boost updated both the devices and locations listed here;

https://www.boostmobile.com/support/faq/phones-devices/enhanced-lte/

But Sprint says that Sprint supports CA in more than 40 loctions

http://www.androidpolice.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/07/nexus2cee_Selection_0044.jpg

So two questions,

1) Is Boost CA supported locations the same as Sprints? Or less ?

and

2) If we use a Sprint enabled CA device on Boost, will CA work while using that Sprint enabled CA device on Boost Mobile service?

Anyone??????

Thanks,

-J

no love

No_CA_Boost.jpg

Highlighted
Accomplice

@injeans what network are you on? Boost Mobile or another Sprint Carrier?
Thank you.
Highlighted
Guru

Hi,
For my everyday use, I have Boost Mobile service with my Sprint branded Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device.
I thought I heard Sprint expanded CA service to Phoenix AZ but I can't seem to get confirmation and Boost lists less areas than Sprint supports. I was wondering if it is just a miss documentation or if Boost CA physical areas are actually less than Sprints. So few Boost users that even are aware of CA.

Did anyone ever get CA to kick in with Boost? On what device and in what local?

-J
Highlighted
Accomplice

@injeans in your phones dialler like when you going to make a call, type this dialer code as exact *#0011# in the next popup window after you type that dialer code that i have listed above and please let me know if you see something that says "CA" Which mean Carrier aggeration, it might say "CA not config which mine has done.

Thank you.
Highlighted
Guru

Hi again!

When I do as you suggested it does read CA-Not Config

But when I goto my service programming menus, there is a check box for CA Enabled , that is checked, I can click it and my phone reboots.  When I go back to service programming is is then not checked.  I can click it again, phone reboots, and then return to programming and it is checked.

My understanding is that the CA-Not Config in the *#0011# dialog means that CA is not configured on the network (in my area/towers connected to)  Thanks for pointing this out, it will be quicker to check this way rather than to run my LTE testing app, as well as a quick way for others to check and report back here!

-J

Highlighted
Accomplice

How can I acquire a S8 ?