Can't tether after phone upgrade

Highlighted
Groupie

Can't tether after phone upgrade

Over the weekend I switched from my old phone to a new Moto G6 Play bought via Boost Mobile and when I tried to start the WiFi hotspot this morning it refused to start with the message: Unable to connect to data network; You may not be subscribed to tethering or hotspot service; please contact your phone company. I have the unlimited data plan which includes monthly 8GB of tethering and I haven't even come close to that limit. On my old phone I had no problems starting the hotspot. I tried updating my data profile and PRL as is suggested in an old forum post, but that didn't fix the issue. Why isn't my hotspot working?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Agent

Hi there, Matt5sean3!  Definitely want to look into this for you. Are you able to use the data connection without Wi-Fi on your new phone? 

Highlighted
Groupie

Yes, I am able to use the data plan for the other non-tethering purposes
Highlighted
Agent

Allow us to take a closer look. Please send us a private message so we may work directly with you. 

You can send a private message by clicking on my name, then selecting the message option from the profile page. 

Highlighted
Groupie

I'm having the same problem
Highlighted
Agent

Hi, @Olskool9185. Sorry to hear that you're having issues. We will reply to your private message to assist you with the issue.