Can I keep my Virgin Mobile number?

Go to solution

Can I keep my Virgin Mobile number?

I'm looking to swtich to Boost from Virgin Mobile, but it's not clear if I can keep my phone number.  I called a dealer and they said I can't because Boost is in the same family as Virgin.  Does anyone know if that's true?

Thanks

Dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Accomplice

Re: Can I keep my Virgin Mobile number?

Yes...Indeed...U Can Port Ur Number Over From Any Carrier...When I Left VirginMobile In Late 2014 To Open A Second Account With BoostMobile~I Ported My Number Over To BoostMobile...U May Need Ur Account Number And Account PIN From VirginMobile...Then U Shall Be All Set...
[ATLANTIC1970]
5 REPLIES 5
Groupie

I was a Virgin Mobile customer and was able to keep my number by using the phone menu to activate my account. After several failed attempts, I was redirected to a Customer Care representative who was able to move my account to Boost. Be warned that you lose whatever service was remaining on your Virgin account when you move to Boost.

Ok... I guess I'll take the risk :-)  Thanks!

Accomplice

Yes...Indeed...U Can Port Ur Number Over From Any Carrier...When I Left VirginMobile In Late 2014 To Open A Second Account With BoostMobile~I Ported My Number Over To BoostMobile...U May Need Ur Account Number And Account PIN From VirginMobile...Then U Shall Be All Set...
[ATLANTIC1970]

when i had boost port my number from virgin, the stupid rep didnt do it right and gave me a temp number that was supposed to last 24hrs, but its been 3 days! and now the temp number doesnt work nor do i have my number from virgin. i called virgin and they told me they released my number to boost, but boost is giving me the run around...... has anyone had this issue? please help!

Highlighted
Accomplice

I Had A Similar Issue Like That In Late 2014....I Was Sadly Leaving VirginMobile...Trying To Port My Number To BoostMobile...But A Rep Told Me I Would Need My Account Number From VirginMobile~As Well As The 4 Digit Account PIN...Then I Called BoostMobile Back After Calling VirginMobile To Collect That Info...Then The BoostMobile Rep O Spoke To Said I Didn't Need The Account Number Afterall...The Best Thing To Do Is Keep Calling Till U Rep That Shall Help U Not Give All The Runaround Rubbish...Either Way~Make Sure U Obtain Ur Account Number From VirginMobile In Case...Altho U Mat Not Need It...As Well As Ur Account PIN From VirginMobile...They Tell It Takes 24 Hours Or A Few Hours After U Port Ur Number To BoostMobile...But From My Experience~It Always Took In Effect Right Away...It Could Be Different For Everyone...Enjoy...
[ATLANTIC1970]